This is an easy and festive Valentines Day Snack Mix that you can make with your kids! This is the perfect Valentine’s Day Recipe for Class Parties. You can make this snack mix in a large bowl and use paper cups to scoop it for each classmate or you can package it into small valentine bags and boxes for a fun take-home treat!
You can mix and match any red or valentines themed edible items in your snack mix. I used a Box of Cap’N Crunch and picked out all of the red cereal from the box and then I picked up these Red Jumbo Hearts Edible Confetti Sprinkles on Amazon. I also grabbed some red and pink candy melts that I had on hand, these can be purchased at just about any craft or baking supply store. You can also get the Wilton Candy Melts on Amazon as an add on item for the same price as most stores.
Valentines Day Snack Mix
Here’s the Recipe for the Valentines Day Snack Mix, this made about 6 cups total of finished product, the amount you’ll need will depend on how much you are placing in each package or how you are serving it.
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup red cereal puffs
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt covered raisins
- 25 red candy melts
- 25 bright pink candy melts
- Valentine Nonpareils
- Valentine Confetti Hearts
- In a large bowl, add popcorn, pretzels, cereal and raisins. Stir to mix well. Spread onto a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Melt one color of candy melts in a small bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until melted.
- Drizzle over backing sheet and sprinkle with nonpareils.
- Melt the second color of candy melts and drizzle over the baking sheet and add the confetti hearts.
- Let set for about 30 minutes or until candy melts are set.
- Break apart snack mix and package into small bags or store in an airtight container until ready to eat.
There are so many cute ways you can package this up! You can do it in small treat bags, a cute Valentines Day Tin, or serve in Valentines Themed Party Cups for a party! You could also just put it in a big heart shaped bowl and let everyone grab a handful!
I’d love to know what other ideas you have for including in the snack mix! The sky is really the limit as far as what you can add. You can use this image below to pin this recipe on pinterest.