Valentine’s Day Snack Mix is a sweet and salty snack mix that is perfect for class parties. An easy Valentine’s treat to make for school events, daycare, and even mid-day snacking.
Valentines Day Snack Mix
This is an easy and festive Valentine’s Day Snack Mix that you can make with your kids! This is the perfect Valentine’s Day Recipe for Class Parties. You can make this snack mix in a large bowl and use paper cups to scoop it for each classmate or you can package it into small valentine bags and boxes for a fun take-home treat!
What Type of Sprinkles To Use for Valentine’s Day Snack Mix Recipe
I did a mix of sprinkles. Then I used red melting chocolate and pink melting chocolate. It gave it a lot of dimensions but for sure get creative and use what you have or what you think will look good!
What Type of Candy To Use For Valentine’s Popcorn
You can mix and match any red or valentines themed edible items in your snack mix. I used a Box of Cap’N Crunch and picked out all of the red cereal from the box and then I picked up these Red Jumbo Hearts Edible Confetti Sprinkles on Amazon.
Valentines Day Snack Mix
Here’s the Recipe for the Valentines Day Snack Mix, this made about 6 cups total of the finished product, the amount you’ll need will depend on how much you are placing in each package or how you are serving it.
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup red cereal puffs
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt covered raisins
- 25 red candy melts
- 25 bright pink candy melts
- Valentine Nonpareils
- Valentine Confetti Hearts
- In a large bowl, add popcorn, pretzels, cereal and raisins. Stir to mix well. Spread onto a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Melt one color of candy melts in a small bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until melted.
- Drizzle over backing sheet and sprinkle with nonpareils.
- Melt the second color of candy melts and drizzle over the baking sheet and add the confetti hearts.
- Let set for about 30 minutes or until candy melts are set.
- Break apart snack mix and package into small bags or store in an airtight container until ready to eat.
How To Serve Up Popcorn Snack Mix
You can print out my free printable Valentine’s Day treat boxes, Or buy items to use like pictured below. You can do it in small treat bags, a cute Valentine’s Day Tin, or serve in Valentine’s Themed Party Cups for a party!
You could also just put it in a big heart-shaped bowl and let everyone grab a handful!
I’d love to know what other ideas you have for including in the snack mix! The sky is really the limit as far as what you can add. You can use this image below to pin this recipe on Pinterest.
How Long To Store Valentine’s Popcorn Mix
You can store this mixture for 3-5 days on the counter in an airtight container. It is best when served fresh, but it will store if you need to make it ahead of time. Just allow it to fully cool before you put up or it can create condensation.
We make this all the time. I have used M&M’s a variety of snacks and it always turns out fantastic. The kids gobble it up no matter what items I use. It is sweet and salty and crazy easy to make. The perfect Valentine’s snack for kids and adults.