I really love recipes like this White Chicken Skillet Lasagna; they taste incredible without all the work! Ha! With delicious layers of cheese, chicken, fresh basil, lasagna noodles, and a flavorful sauce, this tastes just as amazing as traditional lasagna! But, it’s much faster to make, of course, since you don’t need to layer all of the noodles and ingredients! It’s so easy to make, but I’m going to share how below, with step by step photos! If you just want to scroll straight to the recipe at the bottom of the post, that is just fine, too!
How to Make White Chicken Skillet Lasagna
It’s really quite easy to make White Chicken Skillet Lasagna. The key is to be sure you have enough liquid so it cooks the noodles, but not so so much that the sauce takes too long to reduce and get thicker. (Or else the noodles will be too soft!) You only need a handful of common ingredients for this skillet lasagna recipe!
Ingredients for White Chicken Skillet Lasagna
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Minced Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Broth
- Heavy Cream
- Italian Seasoning
- Lasagna Noodles – No need to pre-cook them!
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Basil
Preheat burner on medium high and add oil and minced garlic to an oven safe pan. (This is important, because you will finish this in the broiler!) Cut chicken in one inch pieces and cook, stirring often, for about 8-10 minutes until slightly golden.
Add broth, cream, Italian seasoning, and broken noodles. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes or until noodles are tender and sauce is thickened.
Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan, and broil on high for 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle chopped basil on top. Serve the White Chicken Skillet Lasagna immediately.
What kind of lasagna noodles do I use with skillet lasagna?
There are two main kinds of lasagna noodles: some are precooked and some are not. There is no need to use pre-boiled lasagna noodles in skillet lasagna. The regular lasagna noodles will cook just fine in the chicken broth and cream in this recipe, and will be extremely flavorful!
More Easy One Pan Recipe Ideas!
- One Pan Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken – This recipe is so flavorful and one of our go-to weeknight meals!
- Pizza Monkey Bread – This is a favorite with my children!
- One Pan Strawberry Dump Cake – I just had to share one of my favorite desserts, too! It’s SO easy to make.
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1.5 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 6 lasagna noodles, broken
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat burner on medium high and add oil and minced garlic to an oven safe pan. Cut chicken in one inch pieces and cook, stirring often, for about 8-10 minutes until slightly golden.
- Add broth, cream, Italian seasoning, and broken noodles. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes or until noodles are tender and sauce is thickened.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and broil for 3-4 minutes on high until the cheese is bubbling and starting to turn golden. Sprinkle with basil before serving.
Be sure to use a pan which works on the stove top and in the oven!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 762Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 248mgSodium: 904mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 61g