The Black Friday Deals Online are already in FULL SWING! We have the Kohl’s Black Friday deals LIVE right now + The Best Buy Black Friday Preview Sale has a lot of great deals at the Black Friday Prices and the Walmart Black Friday Deals are also starting to heat up online! I have been getting A LOT of questions in the Facebook Group (Request an invite here) about Black Friday Online Shopping so I wanted to give you 10 Things you need to know about Black Friday Shopping Online to help you be prepared for all the deals!
- Black Friday Deals go live WEDNESDAY NIGHT & THURSDAY NIGHTMost people don’t think about it but Wednesday Night before Thanksgiving Day is when most of the Black Friday Sales go live online. This is because most stores advertise their Black Friday Prices “Online Thanksgiving Day” they switch over their websites around Midnight Wednesday Night 12:01am Thanksgiving Day. So Wednesday Night is the night to stay up all night with me, I’ll be posting deals as fast as I can in the Facebook Group so make sure you request an invite here.
We don’t know exactly what time these will go live, it depends on what TimeZone the company changes the website over in, Some start as early as 5pm EST and the majority are between 12am and 4am EST. Here’s a list of when I expect to see deals online based on previous years, NOTE: These are NOT CONFIRMED, Just my expectation based on what we have seen in the past.
Sears – 7pm EST/6pm CST Wednesday
Toys R Us – 9 pm EST / 8pm CST Wednesday
Microsoft Store – 12am EST / 11PM CST Wednesday
Best Buy – 12am – 1am EST / 11PM CST Wednesday
Walmart – 2am EST / 1am CST Thursday Morning
Target – 3am EST / 2am CST Thursday Morning
These are just the big stores there will be a lot of other sales going live, I’ll be posting them all here on the blog and in the Facebook Group as fast as I can :) It’s a crazy fun night so grab your coffee and join me!
- Yes, Most of the Deals will be OnlineOne of the most asked questions in regard to Black Friday Sales is “Will the deals be available online?” And the answer is for the most part yes! There are a few exceptions, like the really BIG Doorbuster Items at Kohls and I think I saw 1 TV listed in the exclusions for Best Buy, but other than that the majority of the deals will be available online. The best part is you don’t have to choose, if you miss something online or it’s not available you can still go in stores since the online sales go live BEFORE the in store deals!
- Times Posted in Advance are Not Always Accurate
I mentioned this above but just to be clear, every year is a new ball game, we do our best to tell you when we expect the deals to go live and some stores publish times, but it takes time for the websites to switch over, sometimes they have technical problems, etc. So even when a store announces deals will go live at 8pm, we don’t really know if that will be right at 8 or if it will be a few minutes later like 8:23, the times aren’t exact they are guidelines, I’ll post in the Facebook Group as soon as I see the deals live, sometimes even before we get a post up, so you’ll be the first to know!
- Let’s Help Each Other Out!
Seriously this is the BEST Way to grab the best deals this holiday season, we can all work together to find more deals and get exactly what we’re needing. We have an amazing community of readers, I’m seriously so proud of you because you guys are the best! We have readers all the time answering questions, emailing in deals and sharing with their friends and family. Here are 3 ways you can help everyone save more:
- Email Me Your Deals – You can email me at [email protected] if you spot an awesome deal! I’ll celebrate with you (WOOHOO!) and then if it’s something that is still available and we think fits our site and our readers we’ll post it for everyone!
- Post in the Facebook Group if you see a Deal live or an awesome deal! This will help everyone out and it helps me keep up with what’s live :)
- Offer Feedback and Additional Information. If you have gotten a deal to work let us know, sometimes people ask questions like if anyone has an item, or if they like it etc. We had a great discussion the other day about Kindle Kids Tablets vs. iPad Minis. It was fun to hear everyone’s thoughts and there was some great information shared. I love seeing everyone helping each other out!
- Amazon Lightning Deals are some of the BEST DEALS
Black Friday is not the end it’s the beginning! Amazon will run THOUSANDS of Lightning Deals over the course of the Thanksgiving Weekend and into Cyber Week. We will post these each day + Give you a heads up before the best deals go live. Read this post on Amazon Lightning Deals and my Secret for getting tons of deals this way. These will be awesome the next few weeks and most of the time Amazon drops the prices to Black Friday prices or LOWER so these are really a great way to get some Christmas Shopping done.
- Thanksgiving Day Sales are often BETTER than Black Friday
This is one of the little known secrets about Shopping Online, but retailers want you to spend money BEFORE the Sales happen in stores, so while the stores are closed on Thanksgiving Day they often offer BETTER than Black Friday Deals. This is traditionally true of Online Clothing Retailers who want to get a piece of the Black Friday sales before you hit the stores. I’ll be up early on Thanksgiving day posting the best sales so make sure you check in at least a few times during the day to see the best deals.TIP: Download the NEW Passion For Savings App to get your Deals on the go! You can search for “Passion For Savings” in the Google Play Store or iTunes and get our FREE App, this is the easiest way to see the deals while your away from your computer.
- Have A List BEFORE you shop – Check out the Ad Previews
There’s no time to waste when the Black Friday Deals go live online so make sure you have a List before you shop! You can see all the Black Friday Ads Here. I’d recommend flipping through the ads and starting a list of what you want from each store so that you can get it in your cart and checkout fast.
- Know a Good Price Before You Shop
Do you know what a good deal is??? Especially on the Big Items you want, have you done your research and compared the Black Friday Prices? I have a Big list of Black Friday Price Comparison Guides that you can check out here. You can also search the database of our Favorite Black Friday Deals (Over 1800 items) To see which stores will have the best sales.Check out the Black Friday Database Here.
- Log In Before the Sales Go Live
Some stores allow you to add items to your cart early and others don’t. What’s important is to make sure you are logged in and your payment information is up to date. That will speed up your checkout process. If you don’t have an account most stores allow you to make one ahead of time, get all your detailed information in so you can checkout quickly once you have the items you want.
- Buy HOT Items Fast & Then Shop Around
Another tip is that most stores don’t reserve an item just because it’s in your cart. If you get a Hot Item or a Big Ticket Item I’d recommend going ahead and checking out with the items you really want first, then go back and shop around for smaller items like Clothing, Jewelry, Accessories, books, games, etc. You don’t want to loose something you really want if it sells out while your still shopping around so I recommend prioritizing your must have items first and checking out then go back and browse around. Sites like Target and Best Buy have Free Shipping No Minimum this holiday season, so you don’t have to worry about Shipping fees on these sites and that means you can place multiple orders without any down side.
I know that was like a BOOK of Information, I realize that probably only a few of you read it all the way to the end :) Hopefully you found it helpful and your ready to do some online shopping! I’ll be brewing my coffee and staying up Wednesday night posting deals all night long so I hope you’ll join me!