Whip up these 2 ingredient cheesecake truffles. A no-bake truffle recipe that is sweet as can be, and such a fun treat to make with the kids. If you love cheesecake, give this cheesecake truffle recipe a try.
2 Ingredient Cheesecake Truffles
Cake mix and cream cheese are all you need. Now I added sprinkles and white dipping chocolate for my truffles. So technically, it was 4 ingredients but you can leave those off if you just want cream cheese and cake mix.
How To Make
Step 1: Start by placing softened cream cheese in a bowl, and use a mixer to whip it up until nice and creamy. You want to make sure it is softened cream cheese so it blends well with cake mix.
Step 2: Now you will slowly mix in your cake mix. Once all your mixture is well-mixed cover and place in the fridge for one hour.
This step can’t be skipped over as it will give the cake mix time to expand. If you go right into dipping, the balls will crack when dipped in chocolate.
If you don’t plan to dip in chocolate go ahead and roll and place in a pan.
Step 3: If you are wanting to dip in chocolate you can go ahead and melt up some melting chocolate and add sprinkles if you want. This is all optional right here.
My kids loved them dipped in white chocolate. I think it adds a layer of fun with the slight crunch of the chocolate shell on the outside.
You can store these easy truffles in the refrigerator. Due to the cream cheese they require being chilled in the fridge. They will last around a week. The one thing I found is after a few days, the chocolate can crack as the cake expands more.
They will still taste good but the chocolate might be broke a bit.
Can I Use A Different Flavor of Cake Mix
You are more than welcome to use any box of cake mix. Lemon, chocolate, strawberry, etc. Feel free to buy any brand or flavor you prefer. Each flavor will alter the flavor a bit but will be totally delicious.
Feel free to do a mix of cakes if you want a variety! These are great for birthday parties, holidays, and more. Swap out the sprinkles to fit any occasion you might need these for.
Can I Use Milk Chocolate For Dipping
Of course, you can use milk chocolate or even semi-sweet chocolate. Just make sure you are using an almond bark or melting chocolate. If not add around 1 tablespoon of shortening to your chocolate when you are melting it.
The reason being is so the chocolate will harden up. Otherwise, you will find your chocolate won’t set up.
Do Cheesecake Truffle Bites Freeze
These cheesecake truffle bites will freeze fine. The only thing is the chocolate might crack a bit, but I am not fully sure. I have not tried freezing them as we eat them too fast.
But they should be able to froze for around 2 months no problem.
- Box of White or Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 8 oz package of Cream Cheese
- (Optional: ½ Sprinkles and White Melting Chocolate)
- Cream the cream cheese on high with a stand or hand mixer about two minutes or until it looks fluffy.
- Mix in cake mix with a spoon until completely combined. Optional: add a half cup sprinkles. Chill for one hour. Note: It is VERY, VERY important to let chill for one hour. During that time, the cake mix will expand. If you don’t let it chill for the hour and dip it directly into the melting chocolate (if you choose to dip them), the expanding cake mix will crack your truffles as it expands against the chocolate shell.
- Spoon out about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball.
- Optional: Dip in melted white chocolate and sprinkle with sprinkles and chill until completely set.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g