3 ingredients is all it takes to whip up this simple banana bread. I use this 3 ingredient banana bread recipe when I am in a hurry but want to whip a quick breakfast bread or dessert.
Slather on some butter and enjoy a quick and tasty bread. The bread base is a cake mix. You get a dense and rich bread texture by adding mashed bananas to the base.
This Banana Bread Recipe Is…
- 3 simple ingredients needed
- Quick to whip up
- Made with real bananas
- Freezer friendly
- Family favorite
- Bananas – look for ripe bananas. Just like a classic banana bread the riper the better. Ripe bananas help to bring out the banana flavor.
- Yellow Cake Mix– feel free to use any brand of cake mix you like. I find the yellow cake offers the best flavor. A butter cake would work too.
How to Make
Full directions for this banana bread are in the printable recipe card featured below.
Preheat your oven and grease the pan. Then in a bowl mash your bananas with a fork. Add in cake mix and eggs, and mix well.
Once the batter is mixed, pour into greased pan and bake as directed.
Then when the bread is done, slice and serve up your banana bread.
Feel free to store your bread on the counter in an airtight container, or in the refrigerator. I find that if you store it in the fridge it lasts a few days longer.
In terms of freezing, this bread does freeze really well. Wrap in aluminum foil then place in a freezer bag. Freeze for 3-4 months.
Variations to Banana Bread Recipe
- Add in 1/2 cup of nuts. Walnuts or pecans would make a great addition to the recipe.
- Consider adding in some chocolate chips into the banana bread batter. Semi-sweet or milk chocolate would be tasty.
- Use butter cake instead of a yellow cake mix.
- Add in some other fruit like strawberries, for a mix of flavors.
- Swirl in some Nutella or even peanut butter once you pour into the pan to add a swirl of flavor.
How to Ripen Bananas Quickly
If you have bananas that are less than ripe, simply place on a baking sheet peel and all. Bake at 250 degrees for 10-30 minutes. You want the skins to be black. This is going to ripen the bananas and give you that rich banana flavor.
Once they are done, let the bananas cool a bit, then mash and assemble the banana bread.
Want More Quick Bread Recipes
- 3 whole ripe bananas
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large loaf pan with cooking spray and/or line with parchment paper.
- Mash bananas with a fork in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add cake mix and eggs and mix well. Turn the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until the edges are golden and the center is cooked through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 396mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g