2 Ingredient Ice Cream Bread is absolutely easy to whip up and tasty to snack on! This ice cream and flour bread recipe is taking the world by storm. Tons of sprinkles, sweet flavor, and such a great quick bread recipe to whip up.
2 Ingredient Ice Cream Bread
What I love about this recipe is you might have all the items in your home. Ice cream is essential so we always keep it in our freezer. You will enjoy this recipe. If you have kids let them throw on an apron and help you whip up this bread to bake.
What Is The Best Ice Cream
You are welcome to use any flavor of ice cream. Most of the time we use vanilla ice cream, but you are welcome to use other flavors. Butter pecan, chocolate chip, etc. You can truly find and use what you want. Granted, with a change of flavor of ice cream will alter your flavor.
You can use any ice cream flavor, but keep in mind that ice cream with smaller pieces of mix-ins will do better than larger pieces, as the larger pieces will sink to the bottom of the bread and not be scattered evenly throughout.
- Ice Cream
- Self Rising Flour
- Sprinkles (optional)
Can I Use All-Purpose Flour
You MUST use self-rising flour. If you use regular all-purpose flour, the ice cream bread will not bake properly. It will fall flat and not bake properly. I have tried using all-purpose flour and it did not turn out well.
Tips For Ice Cream Bread
- Also, make sure you do not overmix the batter. If you do the bread will not bake properly, and leave you with a bit of a mess.
- If you want your bread to be more like a sweet dessert bread, you can add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and ¼ cup granulated sugar.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips, nuts, etc if you want added flavor.
Looking for More Ice Cream Inspired Recipes
- 1 pint ice cream, melted (not microwaved) for 20 minutes
- 1.5 cups self-rising flour
- Optional: Stir-ins like chocolate chips, chopped fruit, coconut, or sprinkles.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5 standard bread loaf pan with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Combine ice cream and flour with a whisk in a mixing bowl, making sure there are no clumps of flour. Mix just until combined. Do not
- If you are adding optional stir-ins, now is the time to do so. Fold them in gently. (I used ½ cup sprinkles.)
- Fold into loaf pan. (I also topped with sprinkles so it would be really colorful and fun, but this is optional!)
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, with no uncooked batter sticking to it.
- Place ice cream bread on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, flip it out of the pan, and let it cool completely before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g