Peppermint ice cream float is a delicious cold treat that you can make for friends and family to sip on. Make this homemade peppermint ice cream float today.
I love making homemade ice cream floats at home for movie night. When winter rolls around I reach for my peppermint themed floats.
Peppermint Ice Cream Float
If you want to learn how to make peppermint ice cream float let me help! I will walk you through tips and tricks so you get that perfect ice cream float each and every time.
What Pop Do You Use For Peppermint Ice Cream Float
I used a cream soda as the base. I find the vanilla twist in the cream soda really helps to sweeten up your float perfectly. If you don’t have cream soda you could always use a lemon-lime soda, it will change the flavor but should work with a minimal flavor change. But, I do recommend cream soda.
How to Adjust Peppermint Flavor In Peppermint Float
You use peppermint extract to mix into your float. I used 3 drops in this drink, but you can do less or more if you prefer. It is all about personal preference in terms of how mild or strong your peppermint flavor is.
What Gives Floats The Creamy Texture
You will use heavy cream and that will add a nice creamy texture. The ice cream as well gives your float a really nice texture. I used a plain vanilla ice cream so it blends with the peppermint and the soda really nicely. You could even use a vanilla bean if you would like.
Can I Use Homemade Ice Cream in This Peppermint Float Recipe
Sure, if you love homemade ice cream you could very easily swap for homemade ice cream. The only thing is homemade ice cream is a lot softer in texture, so it will melt faster.
Looking for more Christmas recipe
- Christmas Tree Pizza | This is a Christmas Tree shaped pizza that is festive, savory, and such a delicious dinner or snack.
- 21 Christmas Salads | You will find a lot of salad recipes from sweet to savory to consider making for your dinner.
- Christmas Breakfast Board | Here is a really easy recipe that is a breakfast board. Pancakes bacon, sausage and more.
- Jingle Juice | Here is a fun drink to serve up your family and friends for your family.
Peppermint Ice Cream Float
Peppermint Ice Cream Float is a fun way to enjoy the winter flavors. A peppermint based float that is creamy and sweet.
- 1 cup Cream Soda
- Three Drops Peppermint Extract
- Two small scoops vanilla ice cream
- Peppermint candy, crushed, to rim glass
- Cool Whip, for garnish
- 2 TBSP Heavy whipping cream
- Red food coloring
- Whole peppermint candy for garnish
- Place finely crushed peppermint candies in a shallow dish. Dip the
rim of the glass into a shallow bowl of water and then place in the
crushed peppermint candy to rim the glass.
- Pour heavy whipping cream in bottom of glass. Add a couple drops of
red food coloring. Add peppermint extract. Stir.
- You can add more or less food coloring depending on how pink or red
you’d like your float to look. Slowly pour half of cream soda into
- Gently add ice cream. Slowly pour the remaining soda over the top.
Place a dollop of Cool Whip on the top and place one peppermint candy
on the top for garnish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 434Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 0gSugar: 59gProtein: 3g
If you love ice cream, give this recipe a try and let me know what you think. It is so easy to make and such a sweet and creamy dessert to make.