Stay home and make this copycat Starbucks lemon bread recipe. This Starbucks copycat lemon bread is a moist and delicious lemon-flavored quick bread that is topped with a homemade lemon glaze.
This is a delicious afternoon dessert, brunch recipe, or whip it up for a bake sale or to gift a neighbor. If you are a lover of all things Starbucks, here are a few more copycat recipes to try out.
More Starbucks Recipes
- 20 Secret Drink Recipes
- Refreshing Starbucks Passion Tea
- Homemade Medicine Ball Drink
- Popular Pink Drink from Starbucks Recipe
Why You Will Love This Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe
- Cake mix speeds up the prep work
- Easy to mix and pour
- Makes the house smell incredible
- Similar flavor to the popular lemon bread at Starbucks
- Affordable to make
- Freezer friendly
What is in this Lemon Bread Recipe
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Pudding Mix
- Sour Cream
- Eggs Milk
- Powdered Sugar
- Lemon Juice
How to Make
Full directions and measurements for the lemon bread are in the printable recipe card below. This is just a quick walk-through of how to make lemon bread.
Start by working on mixing up the batter for your bread. Just use a whisk or hand mixer to mix up all the ingredients.
Pour into a prepared loaf pan, and bake as directed.
Once the lemon bread is fully cooked, remove it and place it on a cooling rack. Allow cooling then whip up the homemade lemon glaze. Drizzle over the top, slice, and serve!
If you have leftover bread, you can store it on the counter at room temperature or extend the life of the bread by storing it in the fridge. On the counter at room temperature, it will store for 3-4 days. In the refrigerator, it can last 4-7 days.
In terms of freezing bread, you can wrap it tightly in aluminum foil twice, and then place it in a freezer bag. Freeze for 3-4 months. Then thaw on the counter or in the fridge overnight.
I love to freeze the bread pre-sliced, that way I can remove just a slice or two for a treat here and there.
Do I Have to Add The Lemon Glaze
You do not have to add the lemon glaze on top of this lemon bread. I personally love the extra sweet and tangy flavor, but it is optional. If you want to leave it off go plain or even a dusting of light powdered sugar would be a nice way to dress up the bread a bit.
Interested in more lemon recipes?
- Strawberry Lemonade Cake Mix Cookies
- Sheet Pan Lemon Cake
- Best Lemon Desserts
- 3 Ingredient Lemonade Fruit Dip
- Lemon Lush
Starbucks Copycat Lemon Bread
Starbucks Copycat Lemon Bread is a popular lemon loaf bread that is topped with a 2 ingredient lemon glaze. Slice and serve and enjoy this easy lemon bread that tastes like your favorite Starbucks lemon bread recipe.
Ingredients for Bread:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box instant lemon pudding mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Ingredients for Glaze:
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two loaf pans with baking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients for the bread and mix on medium with a mixer for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn batter equally into loaf pans and bake for about 50 minutes, until the edges are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool for several minutes and gently lift from the pans with the parchment paper and let cool completely.
- For the glaze, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a medium mixing bowl and whisk together until completely smooth.
- Spoon the glaze over both loaves of lemon bread and let set completely before cutting.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 624Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 583mgCarbohydrates: 95gFiber: 1gSugar: 63gProtein: 7g