Five Ways to Give Back Under $10
Are you looking for some great ways to give back to your community or to those who have helped you? Are you on a budget and looking for ways to give back that won’t cost you a lot? Sometimes our budgets don’t match our hearts and we have to find ways to help out that are inexpensive. For those times, it is good to know there are several options out there.
Here are five ways to give back under $10:
1. Buy or make some greeting cards – You can find inexpensive greeting cards or make some of your own and send them out to friends and family. You can thank someone who has done something kind for you or just show a person they are appreciated. With the popularity of the internet and texting, not as many people send or give good old-fashioned cards and letters anymore. It’s an inexpensive way to show you care or that you’re thinking of someone.
2. Be a senior angel – Help a senior in need in your area. Spend time together, write letters, take them out to run errands or whatever they need. You can contact senior living facilities in your area to be connected with many seniors who do not have family who can come to visit or help out.
3. Donate to other countries – Did you know that in many countries, $10 goes a long way? $10 can feed a family of 6 for two days in Africa. $10 can vaccinate 17 children for the measles. $6 can cover the cost of water purification for a family of five for a month. These are just a few very useful things that less than $10 can do. You might decide to commit to one donation of $10 or less a month to help out in ways like this.
4. Online charities for your time – Another way to give back that is absolutely free is by donating time online to sites that work with various charities. Free Rice is one example. On this site, you play a fun vocabulary game and for each right answer you get, they send 20 grams of rice to an starving country. Ripple and The Hunger Site are other options. You could also participate in online surveys and instead of cashing out your earnings, donate it to charity. These are just a few ways you can give back for under $10 online. If you have a Target Red Card you can also Sign Up for a specific school in your area, Target will donate a % of your purchases to your local schools. It’s completely free for you and a great way to give back to your community!
5. Volunteer your time– One of the most important things you can give is time. There just never seems to be enough of it to go around and there are literally hundreds of thousands of charities, organizations and people who need your help. If you really want to give back, look around your community and find some useful ways that you can volunteer your time.
These are only five ways to give back for under $10. The ideas are really limitless, I’d love to know what your favorite ways to give back include! Be sure to leave a comment, I can’t wait to hear your ideas!
Make sure you Follow Me on Pinterest!
Last Updated on