Bisquick Strawberry Shortcake is a quick and easy strawberry shortcake recipe that comes together in no time. Add some whipped cream and fresh strawberries on shortcake and serve up one delicious strawberry dessert.
Bisquick Strawberry Shortcake
I reached to use Bisquick as the base of these shortcakes. It is a quick and easy prep to make your shortbread. Then before you know it you are assembling your dish and serving it up.
How to Make
Step 1: Start by washing and prepping your strawberries, and mix them with sugar and set in the fridge.
Step 2: Start by making the Bisquick shortbread dough. You will put Bisquick, milk, sugar, butter in a bowl to form the shortbread dough.
Step 3: Then lay out the biscuits and bake in the oven as directed in the printable recipe card. Once your biscuits have cooled you can then assemble your shortcake dessert.
Step 4: Slice shortcake in half, and then create layers of shortcake, whipped cream, strawberries, and repeat. Then serve up this incredible dessert that is going to win over a crowd.
If you don’t eat right away, you can easily store leftovers. Keep your strawberries in the fridge in a bowl. Then for the shortcake they can be stored in an airtight container. Then when you want one, you simply assemble and serve.
- Add a drizzle of chocolate sauce
- Top with some sliced or chopped nuts
- Add a little caramel sauce
- Add other berries like raspberries or blueberries to the mix
I love classic strawberry shortcake, but you are more than welcome to swap with some other toppings or mixes to change it up.
Can I Double This Recipe
Go ahead and double this recipe if you would like. This is a great recipe you are more than welcome to make as little or as much as you would like. This is a fantastic dessert as a birthday dessert, holidays, summer cookout dessert, and more.
- 1 quart (4 cups) of strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 1/3 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- ½ cup milk3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 oz container Cool Whip (The smaller size container)
- Preheat Oven to 425.
- sliced strawberries with ¼ cup sugar and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir Bisquick™ mix, milk, 3 tablespoons sugar, and the butter just until soft dough forms. Don’t overmix.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil, spray with cooking spray and drop six evenly-sized pieces of dough. (You will not have any dough left after it’s sectioned into six shortcake-size pieces.)
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, paying close attention to the bottoms of the shortcake. (Don’t overbake!)
- Split the warm shortcakes and top with Cool Whip and strawberries. Add the top of the shortcake and spoon on a couple of strawberries and a dollop of
Cool Whip on the top so it looks pretty!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 0g