During the month of October, it’s SO much fun to bless your neighbors with a BOO basket! It doesn’t have to be an expensive undertaking, though! I have lots of ideas for items to include in your basket which were all purchased from Dollar Tree, for only a dollar each! A book basket idea on a budget.
It truly isn’t about the amount of money spent; it’s about the thought and the fun! I’m going to show you some simple ideas on how to stick to your budget while still creating something totally CUTE!!
Boo Basket Idea With Printable
One super important note: our BOO Your Neighbors printables make it optional for your neighbors to continue the BOOing. I have seen many who say the recipient of the BOO gift has two days to do the same thing for someone else, and while that is super fun, I didn’t want to pressure anyone we give something to into having to spend money or do something for someone else.
You’ve Been Booed
So, your neighbors can either just enjoy the treats OR they can join in the fun and BOO someone else, too. Either way is just fine! I LOVE that we give the option with this set of How to BOO Your Neighbors printables!
Even More Halloween Ideas
- Easy Sugar Halloween Cookies | These cookies are so simple to make and the perfect Halloween themed cookie. Even toss some in your boo basket.
- DIY Decorations for Kids | This is such a fun list of decorations kids will love and get even more excited for Halloween. Check out my list of 15 ideas.
- Must Watch Halloween Movies | A great list to give you ideas of movies to binge-watch this Halloween season!
How To BOO Your Neighbors
Below are all the tips and tricks to making your you’ve been booed basket to gift to a neighbor!
- Snacks and Items to Add Into Basket
- Download the FREE Passion for Savings How to BOO Your Neighbors Printable. It’s SO super cute and fun in green, orange, and purple Halloween colors! It’s two pages to include in your BOO basket. The first page has the instructions for your neighbors on how to play along with the BOO as well as the tag for the basket, which you’ll cut out. The second page has the We’ve Been BOOed sign for your neighbors to post on their front door or in their front window. Print out both pages.
- Choose a container for your goodies to be placed in. I like to color coordinate everything, so I chose an orange plastic bin from Dollar Tree. I’ve also seen black plastic witch’s cauldrons used, as well as the classic orange jack-o-lantern trick or treat bucket. You could also decorate a paper gift bag with fun Halloween stickers!
- Adorn the container. I used a ribbon I had in my stash to tie around the orange plastic container that I got from Dollar Tree. I think black and white stripes add a bit of elegance and whimsy to anything! I glued on a couple of faux flowers to make it extra cute, but it was super easy to do! Finally, I added the printable You’ve Been Booed tag.
- Choose the treats and add to the container. I chose treats that matched the printable, like the colors of the sprayable string. I chose a few festive things from the Halloween section, first. I also looked in the snack section to find treats in which color coordinate with my orange, purple and green theme. Regardless of the season, one can ALWAYS go to the Dollar Store snack section and find treats that match the holiday! It’s a super inexpensive and fun holiday budget gifting hack! For the BOO basket, I found an orange beverage and a purple bag of gummy candy, which matched the color theme nicely! I also found a cute Halloween towel for only a dollar. This rolls up to take up space, yet also adds a festive look to the packaging! You really can add anything to these little baskets as long as it’s festive or matches your colors!
- Arrange the treats in the container. First, I laid the spiderwebbing at the bottom of the container to add some bulk and fill up space a bit, lifting the other items up higher so they can be seen better. Then, I added all the other items, putting the taller things in the back and the shorter things in front.