Brownie Reese’s Cheesecake Bars are one layered cheesecake bar that is going to hit home with one bite! This comfort food dessert is a brownie base, with cheesecake, with a chocolate and peanut butter topping and Reese’s pieces.
This loaded cheesecake Reese’s brownie is a hit. It starts with a boxed brownie to simplify the prep. If you try these brownies let me know what you think. If you or someone you know loves chocolate and peanut butter these are sure to be a hit.
Brownie Reese’s Cheesecake Bars
These bars are so simple to make, and a fun one to slice and serve up for a weeknight dessert, holiday treat, bake sale, play dates, etc.
- Easy to Make
- Base is Boxed Brownies
- Rich cheesecake layer
- Loaded with Reese’s peanut butter cups and pieces
- Stores well
Ingredients For Dessert
- Brownies – You can use any brand or flavor of brownies you want. The other thing is you will need to grab ingredients that are on the box.
- Cream Cheese – Make sure to let your cream cheese soften at room temperature. Otherwise, it will not mix up nice and creamy.
- Granulated Sugar
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Reese’s Pieces
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – This is going to be part of the topping. It is nice and rich and mixes with peanut butter.
- Peanut Butter – Creamy peanut butter is best as it gives a sweet smooth texture.
How to Make Brownie Reese’s Cheesecake Bars
Full directions are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Start by making up your brownie batter according to the box. Then work on mixing up the cheesecake batter. Then spoon over the brownie mixture.
Bake for around 40 minutes, once done remove and allow to cool. Then you will later work on the chocolate ganache layer.
Mix it up, pour over chilled brownies, then top with Reese’s pieces. Let it set up. Slice and dive in!
How to Store Brownies
Due to the cheesecake layer in these brownies you will need to refrigerate them. Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days. Or you can freeze the brownies for 2-3 months.
Now, you can thaw for 30 minutes to an hour at room temperature, or thaw in the fridge overnight from being frozen.
More Peanut Butter Lover Recipes
- 18 Peanut Butter Cup Desserts
- Peanut butter cup cheesecake
- Edible Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Dough
- Peanut Butter Bars
Variations To Recipe
- Do a cookie dough bottom instead of a brownie.
- Instead of Reese’s Pieces place the top with diced Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- Mix in some peanuts for a crunchy component.
- Decorate the top with fun sprinkles to fit a theme of a party.
Ingredients for the Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 (9x13) package box brownie mix (and ingredients specified on your box, which will be different depending on the brand)
- 4 (8 ounce) blocks of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups Reese's peanut butter minis, halved (family sized bag)
For the Topping
- 1 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 3/4 cup Reese's
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the brownie batter according to the package directions. Spread in the bottom of the pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla on high until smooth. Gently stir in the halved Reese's. Spoon the cheesecake batter on top of the brownie batter.
- Bake 40-42 minutes or until slightly golden on the edges and cooked through in the middle.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack for an hour then refrigerate until chilled completely.
- Place the chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds or in 20 second intervals until chips are melted. Stir until creamy.
- Heat the remaining peanut butter in a separate bowl for 20 seconds and stir until creamy. Spread the chocolate chip mixture on top of the chilled cheesecake brownies.
- Spoon the melted peanut butter in lines across the chocolate. Use a knife to swirl the mixture together in a marbled design. Sprinkle the top with Reese's Pieces.
Storing - You need to store the brownies in the fridge for up to 5 days. Or freeze any brownies you don't plan to eat right away.
Topping - You can swap out the topping of the brownies if you want. These are easy and festive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 401Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 3gSugar: 36gProtein: 8g