Are you a fan of peanut butter cups? If so, you have to try this peanut butter cup cheesecake. It is full of creamy no-bake cheesecake peanut butter and Oreo cheesecake that is so delicious.
Every bite you get a tangy flavor of cheesecake, peanut butter, and chocolate, and of course the crumbled Oreos. A must-make dessert that is perfect for a summer cookout, potluck dessert, or even a family gathering any time of the year.
Why This Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Is So Popular
- No baking required! So the house doesn’t get hot when you whip it up. No oven required.
- A cold and refreshing dessert to cool you down on a hot summer day.
- Chocolate and peanut butter in each bite, what isn’t to love?
- Such a popular dessert for family gatherings, parties, etc.
- No pesky water bath for making cheesecake or worries of it cracking.
- Cream cheese – make sure the cream cheese is softened. Otherwise, it will not give you that creamy texture you want.
- Brown sugar
- Peanut Butter – I recommend using smooth peanut butter for this cheesecake.
- Oreo cookies – original or double stuffed, it is up to you on what you want.
- Oreo pie crust – if you don’t buy one you can make your own, it is up to you.
- Peanut butter cups – I used a classic Reese’s but you are welcome to use any brand of pb cups.
- Cool Whip
- Redi-Whip – great for decorating the top. No piping skills needed.
How to Make
Full directions are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick walk-through of the recipe.
Mix up the cream cheese, peanut butter, and brown sugar, until it is nice and creamy, and well blended.
Pour in part of the chopped peanut butter cups and Oreos, and fold it in the cheesecake batter. Fold in some of the Cool Whip as well.
Spoon the mixture into the pie crust, and then spread the rest of the Cool Whip on top of the cheesecake layer.
Sprinkle with chopped cookies, Reeses, and whipped topping.
Variations To Recipe
- Instead of an Oreo cookie crust, do a classic graham cracker crust. Or use Golden Oreos or even vanilla wafer cookies.
- Use crunchy peanut butter if you want a crunch to the pie.
- If you want to make a larger batch use a 9×13 pan to make this cheesecake into cheesecake bars. Or double up the recipe and reach for a second pie crust.
- Drizzle with hot fudge, peanut butter, or even a caramel sauce.
You will want to store your cheesecake in an airtight container for 3-5 days in the fridge. Slice and serve as you would like. This cheesecake is a fantastic dessert that you can make a day or two in advance.
You are welcome to freeze the pie as well if you don’t eat it all. Freeze the cheesecake for 1-3 months.
What is a no-bake cheesecake?
No-bake cheesecake is made with cream cheese, peanut butter, and other ingredients. It offers a creamy and tangy flavor. Baked cheesecake uses eggs and is a thicker velvety texture, that requires baking in the oven.
Do you need to refrigerate cheesecake?
Yes, cheesecake needs to be refrigerated. You do not want to leave the cheesecake out for more than 2 hours at a time. Just refrigerate for at least 30 minutes in between having it out to be served. Otherwise, it can begin to grow bacteria.
Want more easy desserts
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 15 Oreo cookies, chopped
- 15 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 premade Oreo pie crust
- Reddiwhip Canned Whip Cream, if desired
- Extra peanut butter cups for garnish, if desired
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, cream cheese, and brown sugar and mix with an electric mixer on high until smooth.
- Pour half of the chopped Oreos and half of the chopped peanut butter cups into the bowl with the cream cheese mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup of the Cool Whip and gently mix everything together. Spoon into pie crust and smooth it out evenly.
- Spread the remaining cup of Cool Whip over the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle the rest of the crushed Oreos and peanut butter cups on top.
- If desired, top with canned whip cream and extra peanut butter cups for garnish. Refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 693Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 493mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 3gSugar: 56gProtein: 14g