Patriotic Popcorn Cake is a festive and easy popcorn cake. Marshmallows, popcorn, and a few other supplies to make this tasty cake made from popped popcorn.
Why Make This Patriotic Popcorn Cake
- 6 ingredients
- A sweet and salty flavor
- Easy to Make
- Patriotic Dessert
- No Baking
Can I Make Popcorn Cake in Advance
Yes, you can make this popcorn cake in advance. you can make it up to 24 hours in advance. The thing you want to watch for is the cake will begin to come stale if you make it too far in advance.
But serving within the first 24 hours is best. Then any leftovers you have make sure to store them in an airtight container.
Where to Get Colored Chocolate From
You can find most stores carry colored candy melts. Or you can shop online at Amazon and have it delivered to your front door. Coloring white chocolate chips will cause the chocolate to seize up. So you need to use candy melts.
Plus the white chocolate melts will harden up so it won’t leave your hands feeling sticky as chocolate chips would if melted. It takes them a lot longer to set up.
What Kind of Popcorn To Use
I enjoy using a popcorn maker and pop my own kernels. This is going to be the best flavor and texture of the popcorn in my own opinion. You can use any brand of popcorn maker you have or want. Then just measure out the popped popcorn and move on to the next steps.
You can even buy a microwave popcorn maker if you want an even simpler method.
Do You Add Salt To Popcorn
Adding salt to popcorn is up to you. Feel free to try out both methods. The salt will create a slightly sweet and salty flavor. If you do just sprinkle the popcorn with a bit of salt, and then move on to the next steps of the recipe.
Craving Easy No Bake Recipes
Can You Freeze Marshmallow Popcorn
Marshmallow popcorn can be frozen for up to three months in the freezer. You will find when you thaw your popcorn the texture will be slightly different. The overall flavor will be the same, just the texture is different!
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2- 10-ounce bags of miniature marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Patriotic M&M candies
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Red and Blue Candy Melts (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat butter, marshmallows, and vanilla in 30-second increments until melted and able to be stirred.
- Add popcorn to the large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
Then stir in the M&M's and peanuts until they are evenly distributed.
- Grease your hands and firmly press the mixture into a well-greased bundt pan.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes; then loosen, flip over, and turn out onto platter or cake plate. If desired, decorate with Christmas sprinkles or drizzled chocolate.
- Carefully cut slices using a bread knife
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 3gSugar: 51gProtein: 6g