4th of July Sprinkle Cookies are a festive and colorful red, white, and blue cookie. A homemade cookie that is great for kids and adults to nibble on patriotic cookies.
Why Make this 4th of July Sprinkle Cookies
- Loaded with Sprinkles
- Great party dessert
- Make-ahead dessert
- Freezes well
How to Store Cookies
These cookies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container or bag. Just make sure the cookies have fully cooled before you go and place them in the container. Otherwise, condensation can build on the cookies making moisture build and sog up the cookies.
You can freeze your cookies for up to 3 months. Just place it in the proper freezer container. Then you can remove and allow it to thaw on the counter and enjoy.
Can You Freeze Cookie Dough Batter
Don’t want to bake your cookies right away? Go ahead and freeze your cookie batter. Place in some plastic wrap and roll to make a log. Then wrap it up well and place in a freezer-friendly bag or container. Freeze the dough for 3-4 months.
Then you can slice and bake the cookies if you want from frozen. Just make sure to add a little extra time for the cookies to cook. As it can take a bit longer since the dough is frozen.
What Is the Base Of Cookies
This is a sugar cookie recipe that you drop and bake on a baking sheet. No need to refrigerate the cookie dough. That is why I love this recipe as it is quick to whip up, easy to bake up, and tender soft cookies to serve up.
If you want add in some chocolate chips or even M&Ms for a pop of chocolate flavor, which is nice. If you do add in some chocolate do 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup is what I recommend.
Tips and Variations To Recipe
- You can use any type of cookie dough you would like.
- Swap out the sprinkles in the cookies for whatever type of sprinkles you want.
- You can bake these cookies a day in advance of when you want to eat them.
- Feel free to make a double batch of these cookies if you would like.
Helpful Tools For Making 4th Of July Cookies
Here are a few of my favorite cookie supplies I like to use when I bake cookies.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer on high.
- Once the mixture is fluffy, add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, and mix until smooth.
- Next add baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Slowly mix in flour until the mixture is just combined, and then stir in the sprinkles.
- Scoop balls of cookie dough and place them 2” apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the bottoms start to turn golden.
- Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g