Here’s a Super Fun Idea for Fall Parties! I had this crazy idea to make Layered Candy Corn Cookies :) These are really simple I used the Basic Sugar Cookie Refrigerator Cookie Dough Recipe and then Pulled out 1/3rd of the dough when it was still white, Added Yellow Food Coloring to the remaining dough, Pulled out half of the Yellow Dough and added Orange Food Coloring to the last 1/3.
I took pictures of each step to help you figure out how to do this. Basically you start by layering the Dough into a block and chilling it for a few hours till it’s firm enough to work with. You cut these in squares then in half diagonally to make the triangle shape, I then used my hands to kinda adjust the triangles to make the corners rounded and make them look a little more like candy corn :)
Here’s the Recipe I used, I adapted this one from Cooks.com –
- 1 1/2 Cups of Salted Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups of Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 4 Cups of Flour
- Yellow & Orange Food Coloring
- In a Kitchenaid Mixer cream together the Butter and Sugar
- Add in Eggs and Vanilla and Continue beating
- Slowly add Flour until everything is combined well.
- Divide the dough into 3 bowls
- Color one bowl Yellow and one Bowl Orange.
- Roll each color of dough into a Tube
- Gently press all three colors together to form a square of 3 colors layered together.
- Refrigerate overnight until completely solid
- Slice into squares then cut on a Diagonal to form a candy corn shape
- Bake for 12 Minutes at 325 Degrees.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the Cookie Sheet.
And don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest :)