You are going to love these Cheesy Sloppy Joe Bombs for your summer meals! They’re a no-mess alternative for kids to the traditional sloppy joe sandwich and my kids have even given their seal of approval! Ha! These are so easy to make ahead of time and freeze, too, for a last minute dinner or lunch idea.
How to Make Cheesy Sloppy Joe Bombs
These Cheesy Sloppy Joe Bombs are only five ingredients and can be made in a snap! There is recipe card at the bottom of this post if you want to scroll down, but I know some people like to have visual step by steps, so please feel free to make your recipe along with these photos!
First, you’ll need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Next, grease the muffin tin and set it aside. Then, you’re going to make the filling. So, combine the sloppy joe sauce and ground beef in a small mixing bowl.
Doesn’t this filling look delicious? When you are done mixing, set it aside. Next, you’re going to form the bombs with the crescent roll dough.
Place one crescent roll in each muffin cup. Press the dough into the muffin tin and against the sides to create a sturdy base for the Cheesy Sloppy Joe Bombs. Spoon approximately two tablespoons of sloppy joe mixture onto each crescent roll in the cup.
Next, sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the filling for your Cheesy Sloppy Joe Bombs. I used cheddar, but you can choose whatever kind of cheese your family likes the best. If you really like a lot of cheese, you can use more than I have to make it extra cheesy!
The last step before baking these bombs is to pinch together the dough around the filling. If you still see some filling peeking out, do not worry! It will all work out just fine. At the time, you can also sprinkle some Italian seasoning on top before baking. Next, bake for 13-16 minutes or until the tops are a golden color.
Don’t those look delicious? Be sure to let your Cheesy Sloppy Joe Bombs cool for 3-5 minutes before attempting to eat them, as the filling inside is super hot!
More Crescent Roll Recipes
If you liked this crescent roll recipe, you will also love to try making this Buffalo Chicken Crescent Roll Ring, these Strawberry Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls, or these French Dip Crescent Rolls which have only four ingredients! Furthermore, here is a HUGE list of 15 easy crescent roll appetizers to try that you might like to take a look at, too!
Can I substitute the crescent rolls with biscuit dough?
Yes, you could certainly substitute the crescent rolls with biscuit dough, but depending on the brand you use, you might have to vary the baking time. Actually, I think any premade dough would work well, as long as you keep a close eye on your Cheesy Sloppy Joe Bombs while they are baking and take them out when the biscuit dough looks golden on top.
Do I need to refrigerate the Cheesy Sloppy Joe Bombs leftovers?
Yes, if you have leftover Cheesy Sloppy Dough Bombs, you absolutely need to refrigerate the leftovers. Anything with cheese or meat in the recipe, you need to refrigerate, of course!!
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked
- 1 15 oz. can sloppy joe sauce
- 1 ½ c. shredded cheese
- Italian seasoning to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the muffin tin.
2. Combine sloppy joe sauce and ground beef in a small mixing bowl and mix well with a spoon. Set aside.
3. Place one crescent roll in each muffin cup. Press into the muffin tin and against the sides to create a base for the bombs.
4. Spoon 2 Tablespoons of sloppy joe mixture onto each crescent roll in the cup. Sprinkle grated cheese in each muffin cup.
5. Pull corners of crescent roll up to create the bomb and pinch together at the top and around the edges of the dough. (Don't worry if there are cracks and you can see the sloppy joe mixture. It will still come out okay! Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top.
6. Bake for 13-16 minutes or until the tops are golden. Let sit for about 3-5 minutes and serve immediately!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 563mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 17g