3 (4 if you do au jus) basic ingredients is all it takes to make these cheesy French dip crescent rolls. A quick no fuss dinner that will be a kid approved dinner they will ask for again.
French dips with au jus just scream comfort food to me. It’s a wonderful stick to your bones dinner that you can pair with veggies, fries, or even a salad.
Assemble and bake in under 30 minutes. This roast beef dinner is a hit.
Ingredients Needed and Variations
Crescent rolls – Grab a container of crescent rolls in the refrigerated section at the store. These offer a pillow-y bread that makes these sandwiches a quick prep.
Roast Beef – I used deli roast beef, but if you happen to have leftover roast beef from dinner the night before you could use that as well.
Cheese – To make it easy I reach for string cheese that I cut in half. You could also use shredded cheese if you don’t have string cheese.
Au Jus Mix – Go ahead and whip up a batch of au jus for dipping your hot French dip crescents in.
How to Make
The full directions are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a visual walk through with images on how to make crescent roll French Dips.
Prep you baking dish and preheat the oven. Then unravel and separate the crescent rolls.
Place meat on the roll and add a string cheese and roll it up.
Bake until the crescent rolls are golden and fully cooked. Before the crescents are done create your au jus sauce by following directions on the packet.
Once done pair with sauce to dip and enjoy!
You can store your leftovers in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Then when you want reheat in the oven or even microwave. If you don’t eat warm you will find the cheese is chewy since it is a string cheese in it.
The au jus can be stored in a separate container in the fridge as well. Then warm up in the stove or microwave as well.
Where to Find Crescent Rolls At Grocery Store?
Head to grocery store and head to your refrigerator section by your eggs. You will find them by biscuits and refrigerated pizza crust. You can use any brand of crescent roll dough you would like.
Looking For More Easy Dinner Ideas
- Mongolian Beef and Broccoli
- Crockpot Glazed Beef Bowls
- Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
- Poppyseed Chicken
- Instant Pot Cowboy Chili
- 1/2 pound deli roast beef, thinly sliced
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 pieces Mozzarella string cheese, cut in half
- 1 packet Au Jus Mix
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Separate crescent rolls along the perforated lines into 8 triangles.
- Place two slices of roast beef on each piece of dough, and top with 1/2 piece of string cheese.
- Roll up, form into a crescent shape, and place on baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the bottoms of the rolls are golden.
- While the crescent rolls are baking, make the Au Jus according to the directions on the package. Serve warm and dip crescent rolls in Au Jus.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 504mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g