Cheesy, savory, and downright irresistible is what you will find with this game day chili dip! I am a lover of chili and add in the cheese and you have one dip that everyone will be reaching for more.
2 ingredients and just minutes of prep is all it takes for this game day approved party food. Plus it is very affordable so it is great when you are wanting to make multiple recipes and need affordable items!
This Game Day Chili Dip Is
- Made with canned chili
- Just 2 ingredients
- Quick Prep
- Game Day Appetizer
- Simple Steps
Ingredients You Need
Chili – Use canned chili for an easy prep or take last nights chili and use that. You are welcome to do a no-bean chili or loaded with beans. It is all about your own personal preference.
Velveeta – Trust me, the Velveeta offers an ultra rich and savory component to this cheese dip you can’t get otherwise. Regular Velveeta works, we used the Queso variety.
What To Dip With
- Veggies – Carrot sticks, celery, sliced bell peppers, etc. You can honestly use any sturdy veggie that can handle the dipping.
- Pork Rinds – These offer a lower carb option if you are needing to limit how many carbs you are wanting to eat.
- Chips – Tortilla, corn chips, or even a baked plain chip. We love chips with this as the salty from a tortilla chip adds even more flavor!
- Bread – You can use baguettes, French bread cut up, etc.
Can I Make In Slow Cooker Or Stovetop Instead of Microwave?
You can warm it up in the microwave or opt for a slow cooker or stovetop option as well. This dip is awesome, and no matter what the method I think you will love it.
Slow Cooker – Place ingredients in slow cooker on low, and cook for 3-4 hours or until melted. Stir and serve. Use a slow cooker liner for an easy cleanup.
Stovetop – Place the chili and the cheese in a pot on the stove on low heat, warm up stirring often. Make sure to cover with a lid in between stirring or the cheese will create a film on top.
Does This Recipe Double Well?
So for this dip you can make as much or as little as you would like. Just adjust the recipe and have a large enough bowl or pan to hold it. Then mix, heat and serve the same!
This recipe is great for a larger crowd cause you can literally make as much as you want. I like to use my slow cooker on the warm setting for keeping it warm when I am entertaining guests. That way the cheese doesn’t set up as it cools down.
More Tasty Game Day Recipes To Try
- Spicy Nachos
- Football Snack Cups
- Garlic Pull Apart Bread
- Best Chicken Wing Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 1 lb Velveeta Cheese (yellow or white)
- 1 15 oz. can Hormel chili (no beans)
- Cut Velveeta into 1-2" pieces and combine in a medium microwave-safe bowl with chili.
- Cook for 1 minute increments, stirring in between each one, until cheese is melty.
- Serve immediately with Fritos, tortilla chips, celery, or anything else you like to dip with!
*You may use either white or yellow Velveeta. I used white, because that's what my family likes best.
*You may heat this recipe on the stovetop, in a crockpot, or in the microwave. I used the microwave because it's the quickest and most convenient!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 570mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g