Game day nachos are going to bring on the flavor for you to enjoy as you root for your favorite teams. This skillet nacho recipe is crazy simple to whip up. A sausage nacho recipe that is loaded with meat, beans, nacho toppings, and crunchy tortilla chips.
Game Day Nachos
Make this spicy game day nachos recipe for my new favorite take on a sausage-inspired game-day recipe. The best part is that by using Johnsonville Sausage you’re packing all the flavors in the sausage therefore saving time! So yes, we’re totally skipping the spice aisle at the grocery store for this game-day recipe! It’s the perfect solution for a hungry crowd!
Whether you are hosting or going over to friends for your game-day festivities, by making this new “Sausage Bowl” recipe you may just have a winning recipe to share with the crowd!
Can I Swap Sausage with Ground Beef in Nacho Recipe
Absolutely! If you prefer hamburger just cook and then add in some taco seasoning if you want to add flavor to the meat. Then prep the nachos just like normal and bake.
What Type of Pan To Use For Skillet Nachos
You will want to use a pan that is safe for the oven. I recommend a cast iron but if you are don’t have cast iron then reach for an oven-safe. Make sure the pan handle is not going to melt in the oven. Try my sheet pan nachos or steak Instant Pot Nachos!
What Are Your Favorite Nacho Toppings
- Black Beans
You can honestly add any of your favorite toppings. Feel free to dress up your nachos how you prefer them. I also love finding what is in my pantry and fridge as to what we are going to use that night.
Top with favorite toppings and enjoy
Looking for more game day appetizers
- 5 Minute Last Minute Appetizers To Make | If you are short on time, here are 5 super simple recipes that only have 3 ingredients or so to make. Great for affordable and fast recipes.
- Creamy Bacon Cheddar Dip | A warm and creamy dip that is cheesy and loaded with bacon flavor. I highly recommend giving this cheddar dip a try. Pair with chips, bread, and more.
- 15 Crockpot Appetizers | Here is a fantastic list of appetizers to make in your crockpot. Set, and forget until it is time to enjoy and serve guests.
- 1 Package Johnsonville Original Recipe Sausage
- Tortilla Chips
- 2 cups Mexican Cheese
- 1/3 cup Black Beans
- 1 Jalapeno sliced
- Green Onions
- Diced Tomatoes
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees (on bake, not broil)
- Brown sausage until cooked completely through. Use wooden spoon or spatula to break apart sausage patties.
- In a cast iron skillet layer tortilla chips, cheese and sausage.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup black beans.
- Bake at 500 degrees until cheese is melted and chips are browned.
- Top with favorite toppings and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 65mg Sodium: 389mg Carbohydrates: 7g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 17g
Do Nachos Store Well
Unfortunately, your nachos will sog up a bit once they cool down. I recommend only making what you plan to eat. If by chance you have leftovers then just place in the fridge. Then eat them cold, as some of the toppings like lettuce won’t reheat well in the microwave.