Bacon Cheddar Dip is one of my favorite hot dip recipes. Sharp cheddar cheese, cream cheese, loads of salty bacon, and more. An easy and tasty cheese dip recipe that will be a show stopper in terms of flavor.
Bacon Cheddar Dip
There are a couple of recipes that we always need to have on hand, like a good chocolate chip cookie recipe and a crowd favorite dip one. This Creamy Bacon Cheddar Dip Recipe is the one I always keep on hand.
Slow Cooker Bacon Dip
It’s perfect for parties and gatherings, it’s super easy to do (hint: we make this in the Slow Cooker!!) and every time I make it, it lasts a total of 3.5 seconds in the bowl, so to say this recipe is a crowd favorite is an understatement.
How To Serve Bacon Dip
Consider serving this hot dip with crackers and bread. You can also use it as a filling for pinwheels or to stuff baked potatoes so this recipe is really versatile as well and can multitask. Salty chips or even breadsticks are popular ones in our home.
Have a handful of options to let guests pick and choose what they want.
Can I Double This Cheese Dip Recipe
But now, going back to this Creamy Bacon Cheese Dip, just make a double batch, or a triple, because it’s really going to fly off your table the second you put it down! It’s almost addictive! And it’s so easy that’s really worth it to be prepared.
Just make sure that you have a large enough slow cooker to hold it. Or if you want to make more reach for multiple slow cookers to ensure you have enough room.
How Long Does It Take to Cook Bacon Cheddar Dip
I just basically throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker and set it on high for one hour and that’s it. The only thing that I cook is the bacon, and that’s because I prefer it crispy, so I just add it at the end.
But if you don’t mind bacon that’s a bit less crispy you could totally cook it up in the slow cooker as well with the rest of the ingredients for 2 hours.
Looking for more Hot Dip Recipes
- Jalapeno Corn Dip | Spicy, creamy, and loaded with corn and flavor. This hot dip is incredible and one that is going to get your guests excited.
- Spinach Dip | I love a classic spinach dip recipe! This one is loaded with flavor, cheese, for that incredibly creamy dip.
- White Cheese Dip | If you love a good white cheese dip, you have to try this recipe. One of our favorites and velvety smooth that will taste like the restaurants!
- 2 ½ Cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 Bacon stripes
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese block
- ½ Cup sour cream
- ¼ Cup sliced green onions
- ⅛ Cup sliced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the bacon in a pan over medium-low heat and cook until crispy (about 4 minutes each side).
- Cut into small pieces and set aside.
- Take the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, chives, green onion, salt, and pepper to a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 1 hour
- When ready to serve, stir in the bacon.
- Serve and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 58mg Sodium: 366mg Carbohydrates: 2g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 11g
I hope that you enjoy this appetizer recipe as much as we do! Perfect for when the whole family comes over or you are having a game time party!
How To Store Leftover Bacon Cheddar Dip
You can store the leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. You can reheat in the microwave or opt to warm it up on the stovetop. Just make sure to whisk it so that it can get rid of any curdles that may happen.
Can You Freeze This Leftover Cheese Dip
Unfortunately, if you try to freeze this dip, it will create a different texture once it thaws from the freezer. I recommend only making what you think you will eat, or toss out the extra. The dairy will curdle quite a bit.