*This is a sponsored post for Lunchbox*
Making Mealtime a family priorty can be challenging in the busy days our families have. Although it’s tough, research shows family meal time is important! It’s a time when you can re-connect with your family and talk face-to-face. Turning the TV off and putting cell phones away will help you stay focused on your family!
So if you think dinner time is a struggle, plan a dessert family time around the table. As much as we are gone for dinner, we can still have family time over dessert. I made this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and will rally my family around our plate of cookies and cold milk for family time on a busy night like tonight when I have to run my son to Soccer and mealtime around the table isn’t happening!
It’s not always about being legalistic about these things we want to do for our family. But if it’s important to you, think outside the box and figure out how you can still make it happen! That’s why we do Dessert Around the Table!
I want to share my recipe with you so you can enjoy these cookies and family time just as much as we do! This recipe is actually a Mix-In Recipe, so basically you make the dough and add whatever you want or have on hand. I chose chocolate chips and peanut butter chips to make the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookie recipe! The possibilities are yours!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
1) Preheat oven to 375°
2) Mix Country Crock®, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in large bowl until well mixed.
Albertson’s, Safeway and VONS/Pavilions have a $2/2 off coupon that you can use to save on Country Crock Butter right now which is the butter I used in this recipe from Albertson’s! Buy two and make a batch for a friend! To locate the coupon, scroll down when you get to the page and you’ll see it at the bottom where it says “Save $2 When you buy TWO participating Unilever Items.”
3) Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips until blended. (Dough will be soft and creamy) Let the dough sit for about 10 minutes. The dough is much easier to work with if you do this!
5) Bake 10 – 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
Pair these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies with a cold glass of milk and you have a refreshing dessert to share with your family around the table! Try freezing your glass mugs and pour your milk into them for a really cold mug of milk! This combination would taste so good on a warm evening after late night activities!
- 1 cup Country Crock®
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Mix Country Crock®, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in large bowl until well mixed
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips until blended. (Dough will be soft and creamy) Let the dough sit for about 10 minutes
- Roll 1 TBSP of dough into a ball and press 1 TBSP or less of peanuts into each dough ball. Drop onto ungreased baking sheets 3 inches apart
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
Check out all my Recipes for more meal and dessert ideas!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored post by Lunchbox. All opinions are my own.