Mini Cream Cheese Danish Recipe is easy and quick to whip up. Whether you are looking for a quick breakfast recipe or want to make a treat for a brunch, this cheese danish recipe will be a great fit. Cream cheese crescent rolls transform into easy danishes that are sweet and delicious.
Danishes are always a hit in our home. I love the mini danish recipe because it uses crescent rolls as the base. So no making homemade dough, which shaves down prep time.
Cream Cheese Danish
Get creative and top with fresh fruit, a drizzle of glaze or whatever you prefer. Give this easy danish recipe a try. Let me walk you through tips and tricks for making the best danishes.
When To Serve Up Mini Cream Cheese Danishes
- Baby Showers
- Birthday Parties
- Bake Sales
- And any other occasion
Tools Needed For Making Cream Cheese Mini Danishes
Variations for Mini Cream Cheese Danish Recipe
The filling for this recipe can vary greatly! I make these all year round and change up the filling. Whether you add in chopped apples with cinnamon and sugar, pumpkin puree, or strawberry or raspberry jam. Add chopped nuts for crunch. Play around with the filling and create a recipe you enjoy.
- 2 tubes crescent rolls
- 1 8oz package cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- Blackberry Jam (could also use blueberry or strawberry jam)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 Teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll crescent rolls.
- Spread melted butter on dough and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Roll dough back up and cut dough into mini circles.
- Place dough on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Press down the center of the dough.
- Combine cream cheeses, sugar, and vanilla for cream cheese mixture.
- Fill center of dough with cream cheese mixture.
- Add a drop of Blackberry Jam or Fruit Spread
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the glaze, combine all ingredients.
- Remove from oven and immediately drizzle over danishes.
Here are More Breakfast Recipes To Make
- Monster Breakfast Cookies | Who says you can’t have cookies for breakfast? This is a breakfast cookie that will be a tasty treat and fuel your body for the day.
- Breakfast Smoothies | Maybe you like lighter options for breakfast. Try one or more of these breakfast smoothie recipes that are refreshing, tasty, and downright delicious.
- Strawberry Banana Quinoa Breakfast | A healthy and hearty breakfast recipe that will give you the energy to get through the morning.
Can I Double This Recipe
Of course. You are welcome to double or even triple the recipe. You might just need to cook in batches if you don’t have enough oven space. I have made extra when we were serving a crowd and then made a variety of flavors. They turn out great and truly are a breeze to whip up.
Do I Have To Use Homemade Glaze
No. If you are not a fan of glaze, leave it off. The recipe offers a lot of flavor without the glaze, so don’t feel you have to use it. I also think the glaze adds some design to the danishes.
Tip for Cream Cheese Filling For Danish Recipe
You want to make sure you are using room temperature or softened cream cheese. If you don’t allow it to warm up it will be impossible to mix up to a creamy texture. So make sure to let it sit on the counter for at least an hour before you go to mixing it up.
How To Store Danishes
You will need to keep any leftover danishes in the fridge. The cream cheese center will go bad if it is left out on the counter. Just place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. They are best fresh but you can eat them cold or let them warm up to room temperature.
Can You Freeze Cream Cheese Danishes
Wrap your pastries in aluminum foil and then place in a freezer bag or airtight container. You can then freeze them for up to three months. When you are ready for one, remove from freezer and allow to thaw in fridge or room temperature. I wrap them individually so I can grab one or more at a time easily.
As you can see this Danish recipe truly is so easy to make. We love a good recipe and this one is a winner.