Easy Cupcake Valentine’s Day Cake is a festive and delicious dessert to make this Valentine’s Day! This is a fun cupcake dessert you will enjoy serving up to friends and family members. Red velvet cake decorated with pink frosting and a festive sprinkles.
Cupcake Valentine’s Day Cake
A kid-friendly and easy festive dessert that is a creative treat. If you are interested in making this cupcake cake, let me help get you set up to make it.
What Flavor Can I Do Cupcakes For Cupcake Cake
I did red velvet but you are more than welcome to use any flavor you want. Cherry chip, strawberry, vanilla, chocolate, etc. Now, I used a box cake mix but you are more than welcome to make a homemade cake that you have as the base.
My kids loved this cupcake cake, it was a fun change to a classic cupcake. Plus no piping skills needed!
What Frosting To Use
Whether you opt to make a homemade frosting or store-bought you will find it is delicious. Depending on what I have time for I will make a homemade frosting, other times I just buy store-bought.
You can buy white frosting but just use food coloring to color it. I love the Wilton Gel food coloring for adding color to desserts. It works great in creating the perfect coloring.
How To Make Cupcake Heart Cake
You will bake up your cupcakes, and then create a heart shape cupcake look. Then you will do a frame of icing to help give it that defined line to make it look like a heart.
Use a knife to spread the frosting on the inside to create the perfect heart shape. Then add some sprinkles or decorate as you would like.
When people go to get a cupcake it pulls right off, and everyone can enjoy a cupcake!
What Pan Or Tray To Use For This Cupcake Cake
Whether you use a cardboard board or place it in a pan with a lid to help keep the cupcakes moist and prevent them from drying out. Just adjust how large or small you want to make your cupcake heart cake.
More Valentine’s Day Recipes
Can I Make This Dessert In Advance
You are more than welcome to make up this cake a day in advance. Simply cover and store in an airtight container until you are ready to serve up your family, guests, etc.
This is such a fun dessert that is so easy to whip up.
- Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cup water
- Pink Frosting
- Sprinkles, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill two muffin tins with cupcake liners. Beat cake mix, eggs, water, and oil with a hand mixer on medium speed for two minutes.
- Fill each cupcake liner with about 3 tbsp of batter. Bake for about 16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Arrange cupcakes in a heart shape. Here’s the trick, there is no specific heart shape because we will be piping on a heart.
- As long as the cupcakes look relatively like a heart, it will end up looking perfect!
- Fill a disposable pastry bag with frosting, cut 3/4 of an inch off the end of the pastry bag, and pipe a heart shape with the frosting onto the top of the cupcakes as shown in the picture.
- Fill in with the frosting and spread with a knife to make it smooth. Add sprinkles, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 69Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g