Valentine Oreo Cake Bars are a cake mix bar that is then topped with delicious Oreos and sprinkles. A fun and festive Valentine’s Day dessert you can make in no time! A tasty cake mix red velvet recipe.
Valentine Oreo Cake Bars
These cake bars are using a cake mix so it makes easy prep, and delicious presentation! Whip these up for any day of the week, weekend bake sale, or even party treat. This Oreo cake bar recipe is so delightful.
How To Make Cake Bars
Work on mixing up your cake batter. You will mix with egg and butter. Then fold in part of the Oreos in the batter. Don’t overmix once you add them in or they will break apart.
Pour into your greased baking pan and then bake as directed. You will know when to cake bars are done when you stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean.
Allow bars to cool a bit then slice and serve up these delicious Valentine’s Day cake mix bars.
Variations to Oreo Cake Bars
- Use homemade cake mix in replace of a boxed red velet cake mix.
- Consider getting different colored Oreos. They have some red cream filling ones around Christmas time.
- Use other cookies to crumble on top to replace the Oreos.
- Drizzle on pink or white chocolate for added color.
- Have fun with decorating your cake bars differently.
- Use a different flavor of cake mix besides red velvet.
- If you are celebrating a different holiday use different sprinkles to fit the holiday.
Storing Cake Bars
These cookie bars can be stored at room temperature for 4-5 days. These cake mix bars are best when served fresh. As they sit they will begin to dry out, like any cookie or brownie.
You can freeze any Oreo cake bars you don’t plan to eat. Just place in a freezer container or sealable bag. Store for up to three months. The bars can thaw on the counter for a quick thaw from the freezer. Serve and enjoy!
Why Make These Bars
- Great cake mix recipe
- Festive and fun
- Great for kids to help
- Minimal effort to make
Tips For Making Cookie Bars
- Make sure to not overmix the batter. If you do it can make the bars denser.
- Don’t pour the melted hot butter in with eggs without stirring right away or it can cook the eggs.
- Feel free to use any brand of cake mix you want. I tend to buy whatever is on sale.
- Allow the bars to cool a bit before you slice and serve.
- Make sure to cover up and store in the proper container or they will dry out.
- 1 Box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 3 cups Crushed Oreo, separated (about 21 Oreos total)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper and/or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter and eggs. With a spoon, mix in the cake mix. Fold in 2 cups of the crushed Oreos.
- Press evenly into a 9x13 baking pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bars is cooked through.
- Right after removing from the oven, sprinkle the remaining cup of crushed Oreos on top and gently press into the top of the bars. If desired, add valentine sprinkles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g