Get into the holiday spirit and make a DIY Felt Christmas Tree that your child can use to decorate over and over again. A super simple felt craft that allows you to have all the fixing for a Christmas tree in no time, so your little ones can decorate exactly how they want.
What is so neat about this DIY felt Christmas tree for kids, is that you don’t need much to make it. A little felt, glitter glue, and a few other supplies and you have a magical Christmas tree. The felt will stick to each other so you don’t have to worry about taping the ornaments, lights and such onto the tree base.
Learn How To Make a DIY Felt Christmas Tree
Your kiddos can play with this over and over again, making any design they want, which gives them hours of playtime by being creative. I did some Christmas ornaments, a star topper, Christmas presents, and even lights. Within no time we had a fun felt tree for the kids to play with. Their eyes lit up with excitement when they saw it.
This would be a fun Christmas craft to make and place in your kid’s playroom, use at a daycare, school and more. You could even add in an element of learning, like counting how many ornaments or Christmas lights there are, work on colors, and more.
Here are More Christmas Goodies
Instructions For How to Make a DIY Felt Christmas Tree for Kids
- Around a yard of green felt (f0r Tree)
- Other colorful felt that you want for your tree
- Glitter Glue
- Fabric Glue
- Command Strips
Directions For How to Make a DIY Felt Christmas Tree for Kids
- Start with your green felt, and cut it in the shape of a triangle, to make the tree shape.
- Next, take a cup or jar that is circular, and trace around the felt to make circles, this will be your ornaments. Add on the top portion of the ornament, and then repeat as many times as you would like. Cut out the ornaments and set aside.
- Then add some glitter glue to your ornaments to give it some color and design. I did lines, but you can dress your ornaments up however you would like.
- Then go ahead and make other shapes like stars, or follow my tutorial on the video to make easy Christmas presents as well. I also made fun Christmas tree lights you can watch and learn how to free-hand make as well.
- For the Christmas trees just cut a red triangle. Then take smaller green strips to act like ribbon and place in a ‘T’ shape on the red. Glue it down, and cut out a bow.
- Once you have all your tree accessories complete, attach to a wall with a command strip for easy removal without hurting your paint on the wall.
A little time is all it takes, and before you know it you have a fun felt diy Christmas tree for your toddler and kids to play with. I can’t tell you how long my little guy has played with this, such a great investment of time. He gets so proud of the fun designs he makes.