We are having some Easter Fun this week at our house and I wanted to share with you a Quick and Simple way to Make Your Own Easter Story Eggs.
My kids are 4 and 2 and they LOVE hiding and finding Easter Eggs. I don’t mind all that egg hunting but I don’t really love for them to have candy in the eggs all the time and I was looking for a way to incorporate the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Christ into the Easter Egg Hunt to help them tie it together with the real meaning of Easter, so this is my fun little creation and we’ve been having a blast today hiding and finding and then reading our Easter Story Eggs!
- Start with 12 Plastic Easter Eggs
- Write your own Easter Story with 12 parts to the story. I kept mine simple since my kids are really little. I also let my little boy that’s 4 help me come up with the Parts of the Story, this was great because we had a lot of time to talk about each aspect of Jesus’ life. He even asked me “How come they all have Jesus in them” and I said, because Easter is about Jesus, then he said, “Why does the first one start with God” and I told him, because this was God’s Plan before he sent Jesus at Christmas time. I love how his little mind is pulling everything together, it’s so much fun to watch him grow and learn each day.
- Make 12 Strips of Paper (We just used Construction Paper since that’s what we had around the house)
- Write each part of the story on a strip of paper
- Number the eggs and the strips of paper
- Fill the eggs with the corresponding strip of paper
- Now you’re ready to Hide and Find the Eggs!
- Once all the eggs are found sit down and open the eggs and Read the Easter Story!
We have been doing this all day long and my kids love it!
If you don’t want to take the time to write your own story here are the 12 parts of the story that we used. Each time I tell the story after they have hidden and found the eggs it’s a little different but these are the basic parts we used this year.
- God sent Jesus as a Baby Boy
- Jesus grew in Wisdom, Stature, and in Favor with God and Man
- Jesus Performed Many Miracles
- Jesus Healed Sick People
- Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a Donkey
- Jesus was arrested
- Jesus Died on the Cross
- Jesus was buried in a tomb
- 3 days later…
- Jesus rose from the dead!!!
- Jesus appeared to the Disciples
- Jesus Ascended into Heaven where He lives today
I hope you’re having so much fun enjoying this time of year with your kids. We made “Bunny Munch” Last night and tonight we are planning on Dying Easter Eggs.