Easter M&M Cookies in a jar is a fun layered fry cookie mix you fill in a mason jar. Add some ribbon and a printable recipe card and gift these cookies!
A fun and easy way to give a homemade Easter cookie mix full of Easter M&Ms! Plus they can whip up a batch of homemade cookies whenever they want!
Easter M&M Cookies In A Jar
This is a fun and easy Easter gift and also very affordable! Add a whisk or cute kitchen towel and you have a complete gift! We always have mason jars on hand, so it’s a fun gift to make.
Why These Cookie in a Jar Mix Are The Best
- Simple ingredients
- Change out M&Ms for any holiday
- Affordable to make
- Easy Gift
- Tasty cookies
- Grab supplies at Dollar Tree
Best Jar To Use
I personally love mason jars, as you can get a nice tight seal on the lid. But feel free to use any jar that seals well! You can also even use a plastic jar, instead of glass.
Printable Recipe Card
Print out the free recipe card and attach it to the jar with a hole punch and some string!
You can use a baker’s twine or if you prefer ribbon go ahead. The printable recipe card will tell them how to mix up the cookie mix and what went ingredients they need.
Ideas to Pair With The Cookie In A Jar
- Cute set of oven mitts
- Kitchen towels for Easter or any design
- Whisk, spatula, etc
- Cute mixing bowl for cookie dough
This jar is enough alone but adding in other items just makes it a bit bigger of a gift! I love baking and cooking so fun kitchen accessories and such are always fun for me.
Who to Gift This Cookie Mix To
- Child’s Teacher
- Family members
- Sunday school teacher
Who wouldn’t you want to give this to? It’s such a fun gift I think anyone would enjoy them!
How Do You Layer Cookie Mix in A Jar
The key is to pour slow. You can use a funnel if you need. Add a little at a time that way you can create those clean lines of layering. In between layers, simply stop, tap gently on the table to level out the layer.
Then move on to the next layer or continue filling with the layer of an ingredient you are working on.
How Long Does Cookies in A Jar Dry Mix Store For
As long as all the ingredients in the jar have a nice shelf life you can expect the cookie mix to store for up to 6 months. If you add nuts to the mix it will last up to 3 months. As the nuts can go bad faster.
How to Use Mix In A Jar
- Make the layered cookie mix in a mason jar.
- Print gift tag to attach with directions
- Gift or store for up to 6 months.
- Mix with wet ingredients on recipe cards.
- Bake cookies.
More Easter Ideas
- Easter Bunny Frappuccino Gift Idea
- You’ve Been Egged Printable
- Easter Fruit Basket
- Giant Easter Bunny Balloons
- 1 cake mix (We used Devil's Food)
- 2 cups M&Ms (we used pastel)
- Ingredients for wet cookie dough
- Place M&Ms in the bottom of the jar. Add cake mix to the jar.
- You could put the cake mix in first and have the M&Ms on top, but I put them on the bottom so none of the pretty colors would be covered up by the paper at the top.
- Cut a circle of parchment paper to size and rubber band around the neck of the jar. Tie a ribbon around the top over the rubber band
- Print the bunny tags, punch a hold in the tag, and tie them onto the jar with the ribbon. The instructions for the recipient to make the cookies are on the tag!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine contents of jar into mixing bowl and add 2 large eggs & 1/2 cup butter.
- Mix well with a large spoon. Transfer spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until cookies is set in the middle.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g