Dress up your brownies in a big way with this Easter nest brownie bites recipe. Delicious brownie bites that are topped with a creamy frosting, green colored coconut and candy eggs. Easter bird nest brownies never tasted so good.
I am a sucker for brownies, add on frosting and I am sold! This bird nest brownie is so easy to make, even those who don’t bake often will have success. Best of all it starts with boxed brownies to speed up the time in the kitchen.
This Easter Brownie Bites Recipe Is…
- Quick To Make
- Homemade Frosting
- Made with Boxed Brownies
- Decorated To Look Like A Bird’s Nest
- Fun For Kids
How to Make Easter Nest Brownie Bites
Full steps on how to make this brownie bites recipe is in the printable recipe card. This is a visual walk through on how to make for readers.
Step One: Preheat the oven and prep you mini muffin tin. Then in a bowl you will prepare your brownie mix as directed on the box.
Step Two: Pour into the mini muffin tin and bake as directed and let them cool completely. This is key or they will not come out of pan, and the frosting will melt if warm.
Step Three: For the frosting you will mix in the marshmallow creme, powdered sugar, and mix to reach your desired consistency. Then you will add to a piping bag.
Step Four: Then you will swirl on the frosting, top with green colored coconut, and then top with candy eggs.
Variations To Recipe
- Instead of brownies you can swap with cookie dough. Store bought cookie dough works from chocolate chip to even a sugar cookie.
- If you don’t want to make homemade frosting feel free to swap with a canned frosting. Then just color it green.
- Use jelly beans in replace of the chocolate candies on top if you want.
- You can leave off the coconut if you are not a fan of coconut. We love coconut in our home.
How To Store Leftovers
These brownies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container or store in the fridge. I find that the room temperature keeps the brownies soft, where it will be more chewy if you store in the fridge.
Freezing Brownie Bites – You can also freeze any brownie bites you do not eat right away. Store in a freezer container for 2-3 months. Thaw on the counter for around an hour then serve.
Can I Make These Ahead of Time?
You can make these brownie bites a day in advance if you would like. Make the night before you plan to serve them up. I wouldn’t go over 24 hours or so, as it will begin to dry out the brownies.
Looking For More Easter Ideas
Easter Nest Brownie Bites
Easter Nest Brownie Bites are a brownie that is topped with a marshmallow frosting, coconut, and topped with candy eggs. An easy no fuss Easter brownie that the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 Betty Crocker Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 eggs
- 1 7oz Jar of Marshmallow Cream
- ½ Cup Butter Softened
- 1½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Green food coloring
- 1 cup coconut
- Easter egg candy
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray baking spray on a mini muffin pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, water, and eggs. Whisk together and use a small cookie scoop to drop the brownie batter into each mini muffin compartment.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the brownies look dry in the middle.
- Cool completely. (They must be completely cooled or they will not come out of the pan in one piece!)
- While the brownies are cooling, cream butter with a hand mixer on high until light and fluffy.
- Fold in marshmallow creme.
- Mix in vanilla. Gradually add powdered sugar a little at a time until you reach your desired frosting consistency.
- Add green food coloring until your desired green is reached. Spoon into a piping bag and pipe onto the top of each brownie bite.
- In a gallon baggie, combine coconut and a few drops of food coloring.
- Shake well to combine. Add more food coloring until your desired green is reached.
- Place in a bowl. Dip the brownie bite, frosting side down, into the coconut. It will completely cover the frosting.
- Place three candy eggs on top. The frosting underneath the coconut will hold them in place.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g