4 Ingredients is all it takes to make this Easter Puff Corn! A simple crunchy and sweet snack that is so fun for a movie night at home. Puff corn that is dipped in chocolate, and lightly sprinkled with Easter sprinkles. A fun no bake Easter snack.
This Easter Puff Corn Recipe Is…
- No Bake
- Simple Ingredients
- Kids Can Help Make
- Tasty Snack For Easter
Here is what you need for this Easter recipe. Feel free to swap out ingredients if you feel something is better for you in terms of colors, sprinkles, etc.
Puffcorn – You can find this in the chip section at most mass retailers. They do have flavored puff corn so watch for what flavor it is.
Candy Melts – I used candy melts as it hardens up really quick and is easy to work with. Use any colors of candy melts you want.
Easter Sprinkles – Have fun with the type of sprinkles you reach for. I wanted simple, but feel free to shop for any style you want.
Butter Flavored Shortening – This can be found in the baking aisle at the grocery store. This will really add a lot of rich buttery flavor to the snack and also help for making the chocolate set up.
Helpful Tips For Making Puff Corn
- Make sure to heat up the candy melts in a cycle, stirring between each heat cycle. This is going to ensure the chocolate doesn’t burn as it is being reheated.
- Feel free to use any colors of candy melts you want. Just have fun with what you pick.
- The sprinkles do add a nice crunch, if you use large sprinkles just take into factor how hard they will crunch.
How to Make
Full steps for this recipe are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick walk through on how the Easter puff corn is made.
Start by adding your puff corn to a large bowl.
Next you will begin melting candy melts with the shortening, stirring between each 30 second heat cycle. Once melted pour over the puff corn and mix to coat.
Pour the puff corn over wax paper and add the sprinkles. Then let it dry.
Now if you want to add colors, melt more candy melts and drizzle over the top to create dimension to the puff corn dessert.
Pro Tip: If you can’t find the color of candy melts you want, you can easily mix colors together! I have mixed white candy melts with other colors before to create pastel colors!
This puff corn dessert will store for around 1 week at room temperature. When the puff corn begins to go stale that is when you want to toss it out.
Place the set up coated puff corn in an airtight container or sealed bag. Just make sure to place in a cool place or you run the risk of your chocolate melting.
More Easy Easter Ideas
- 1 - 12 oz bag candy melts in your favorite Easter Color (You could use half of the bags of two colors, too!)
- 2 tsp butter flavored shortening
- 1 4 oz bag puff corn
- Easter Sprinkles
- Place puff corn in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt candy melts and shortening together in a small mixing bowl in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until completely melted.
- Pour the candy melts over the puff corn. If you are using more than one color of candy melts, you'll have to complete this step more than once.
- Mix until it is completely covered or put the cover on the bowl and shake it! Spread puff corn on wax paper and sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Leave on the wax paper until set. Store in airtight container.
Tip: If you can't find the color of candy melts you want, you can easily mix colors together! I have mixed white candy melts with other colors before to create pastel colors!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 0gSugar: 32gProtein: 1g