Cake Batter Puppy Chow is a puppy chow recipe that tastes like cake batter. Simple and easy white chocolate puppy chow with a tasty twist of flavor. Whip up this cake batter dessert for your movie night snack, after-school treat, and more.
You can’t go wrong making this cake batter muddy buddies dessert. This no-bake cake batter recipe is a must make. Check out my other puppy chow recipes. Gold muddy buddies or try my puppy chow cookies.
Cake Batter Puppy Chow Is..
- Make with 7 Ingredients
- Uses white chocolate
- Fun birthday treat
- A delicious cake batter flavor, all without flour
- Easy to make
- No baking required
Want more cake batter dessert ideas? Check out my cake batter recipes roundup, which features 20 easy recipes!
- Chex Cereal
- White Chocolate
- Almond Extract (secret ingredient)
- Powdered Sugar
How to Make
This is a quick walk-through on how to make this easy puppy chow recipe. Full directions and measurements for the recipe are in the printable recipe below.
Start by melting the chocolate and butter. Once melted, stir in the vanilla and almond extract.
Add in the cereal and sprinkles and toss well trying to coat all the cereal. Then add in the powdered sugar to coat all the cereal.
Spread out on a parchment-lined baking sheet to allow the puppy chow to set up fully. Then store in an airtight container and enjoy!
How to Store
You will want to store this dessert in an airtight bag or container on the counter for 1-2 weeks. Just eat as you would like, and enjoy the sweet and crunchy texture and flavor.
You can also freeze puppy chow if you don’t plan to eat it all right away. Just let the chocolate fully set up, and then place in a proper container and freeze for 2-3 months.
Variations To Recipe
- Skip the sprinkles if you don’t want to have any in the mix.
- Use colored candy melts to change up the color of this puppy chow.
- Use milk chocolate in replace of white. I find the white offers the best cake batter flavor.
- Add in candy-coated treats to add more color to the snack mix.
What is Puppy Chow?
Puppy chow is a sweet dessert that you can make using Chex cereal. A cereal that gets coated in a chocolate mixture then mixed with powdered sugar. Sweet, crunchy, and the perfect sweet tooth craving.
Want More Cake Inspired Recipes
- 4 and 1/2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 8 ounces white chocolate* (candy melts, melting chocolate, or bar)
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sprinkles
- 1 cup (120g) powdered sugar
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, almond and vanilla extract, and white chocolate. Microwave at 30-second intervals until melted.
- Add cereal and stir gently. Add sprinkles and stir gently. Add powdered sugar and stir gently.
- You may want more or less than the recipe calls for. You'll need just enough to coat everything without completely covering up the sprinkles
- . The almond extract really makes this taste like cake batter! It's amazing! Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to one week.