Ring in the New Year with this Sparkly New Year’s Eve Puppy Chow! It is colorful, tasty, and no baking required. A festive New Years’ Eve no-bake dessert that is crave-worthy. Depending on where you live you might even call these muddy buddies. Whatever name you choose, it is a tasty treat.
New Year’s Eve Puppy Chow
This party treat is so simple to make and is one that you will want to make over and over again. The festive gold sprinkles are so fun and give it a nice flair of color.
What Do I Need
- Rice Chex
- White chocolate chips
- Creamy peanut butter
- Powdered sugar
- Gold Sprinkles
- Gold Edible Spray
How To Make
Start by adding your white chocolate chips and the peanut butter and butter in a bowl. You will microwave for 30-45 second increments. Stir until the chips are fully melted.
Once melted fold in the Chex cereal. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, and mix until all the Chex are coated. Now you will add sprinkles to some and then spray some with the edible gold spray.
How to Store Puppy Chow
You will want to take your puppy chow after it is set up, and place it in an airtight container, and store at room temperature. It will for around a week on the counter.
You can also store it in a sealed bag.
Can You Freeze Puppy Chow
You can freeze puppy chow for up to three months in the freezer. Just place in a freezer bag, vacuum-sealed bag, or even a freezer container. This is a fun way to get to pull a snack out from the freezer and then nibble on it. It can thaw on the counter for around 30 minutes to an hour before ready to devour.
Expert Tips For Recipe
- I do recommend using a smooth peanut butter. You will find chunky peanut butter can affect the texture of the mixture.
- Consider adding in some colorful M&M’s, white chocolate chips, and any other fun festive toppings.
- Any of the Chex line will work. You could even do a mix of rice and corn for a mix.
- You can make this a day in advance of when you plan to serve it up.
- 1 12 oz box of Rice Chex
- 1 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar, as needed
- Gold Edible Spray
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, white chocolate chips, and butter. Microwave at 45-second increments until melted.
- Stir in between each time in the microwave. After completely melted and mixed
together, gently fold in Chex until covered.
- Sprinkle half the powdered sugar on the Chex and gently mix. Sprinkle the other half (or as much as you need to cover the puppy chow) and mix.
- Portion into bowls, add sprinkles on top of each serving, and spray portions with gold edible spray.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 434Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 255mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 1gSugar: 56gProtein: 5g