An easy apple muffin recipe that is great for breakfast or for a snack in the middle of the day!
With it being almost the middle of September, I have started to get a taste for fall flavors. Like pumpkin and apples. Yum! Can’t wait to see fresh whole pumpkins in the store. Usually then, they are a great price to stock-up and make homemade puree to use all-season long.
Have you ever made fresh homemade pumpkin puree before? It’s delicious.
Let’s get back to these tasty easy apple muffins, shall we?
With these muffins, you do not need to bring out your handheld or stand-mixer. You can keep that tucked in the back of the cabinets or shelf. These aren’t called easy for a reason! You will only need a large mixing bowl, a plastic spatula, measuring cups (of course), and a muffin tin. You can use liners if you would like to.
If you decide not to, you really want to make sure you spray non-stick cooking spray all-around the muffin tin. Helps to remove the muffins whole, instead of by pieces.
Another important tip, that I think is pretty important. I wanted until the last minute to cup the apples into chunks because I didn’t want them to brown.Print
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large green apple, skin removed and diced into medium chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line a muffin tin with liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, and oil. Slowly add in the flour, then mix in the granulated sugar. Fold in the baking powder, salt, and apples with a plastic spatula.
- Add the mixture to the muffin tins, only filling 3/4 of the way. Bake for 17 minutes. Allow the muffins to cool, then remove from the tins.