An easy apple muffin recipe that is great for breakfast or for a snack in the middle of the day!
With it being almost the middle of September, I have started to get a taste for fall flavors. Like pumpkin and apples. Yum! Can’t wait to see fresh whole pumpkins in the store. Usually then, they are a great price to stock-up and make homemade puree to use all-season long.
Have you ever made fresh homemade pumpkin puree before? It’s delicious.
Let’s get back to these tasty easy apple muffins, shall we?
With these muffins, you do not need to bring out your handheld or stand-mixer. You can keep that tucked in the back of the cabinets or shelf. These aren’t called easy for a reason! You will only need a large mixing bowl, a plastic spatula, measuring cups (of course), and a muffin tin. You can use liners if you would like to.
If you decide not to, you really want to make sure you spray non-stick cooking spray all-around the muffin tin. Helps to remove the muffins whole, instead of by pieces.
Another important tip, that I think is pretty important. I wanted until the last minute to cup the apples into chunks because I didn’t want them to brown.
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 15 Baby Carrots Sliced Thinly
- 1/8 Green Pepper Sliced Thinly
- 2 Cups Cooked Rice, Cooled
- 2 Cups Cooked Chicken (This is a great use for leftover Grilled Chicken)
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 2 Eggs
- Heat Vegetable Oil in a Skillet
- Add Green Pepper and Carrots and Saute for 1 Minute
- Add Rice and Chicken and Stir Until Everything is Heated
- Add Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Pepper to Mixture
- Make a Space in the Center of the Rice
- Break Eggs into Empty Space in the Center of the Rice
- Stir Slowly until eggs are fully cooked and completely mixed in to the rice
- Slowly add in Soy Sauce and continue to Stir
- Serve Immediately