Easy USA Home Decor that you can make in a short while and have as a statement piece for your home. Give these USA letters a try and then showcase them in your home, a gift to loved ones, or friends.
Easy USA Home Decor
This is a super easy patriotic craft that is also affordable. If you have some yarn on hand it makes it even better. You might be able to head out to your local Dollar Tree or Dollar Store. You also might be able to find items in the dollar section at Target.
What Is The Best Yarn To Use
You are welcome to use any type of yarn you have on hand. The one thing to keep in mind is just making sure the thickness of all the yarn is the same. You don’t want a super chunky yarn next to a really think. It will make too much of a difference in the look and be kind of messy. So just make sure to buy all similar yarn.
As you can see I used a variety of colors that fit the red, white and blue theme. You can use as few or as many colors as you would like to give your letters a personal touch.
What Size Letters To Use For Patriotic Letters
You can honestly use any size of letters you would like. From small to jumbo size. Just make sure all your letters are similar in size so that it flows nicely.
Supplies Needed For Yarn Wrapped Letters
This is all you need for this easy 4th of July craft. It is really simple and affordable as I mentioned above.
How To Wrap Letters
The biggest key to this is making sure you wrap tight and close so that you don’t see the letter color underneath. You can even make a layer of yarn if you would like to add more depth.
As you can see I opted for a few colors. I found it really add a fun look to these letters with a farmhouse feel since it features lighter blues, whites, etc.
How To Make Yarn Pom Poms
- Start by yarn and wrapping it around your three fingers, 20-30 times.
- Then you will gently slip off hands.
- Take a 1′ strand of yarn and tie around the middle of the looped yarn.
- Cut the loops on the ends and trip down till it resembles a pom.
- Then hot glue onto your wrapped letters.
Interested in More 4th of July Ideas
- USA letters of any size
- Red white and blue yarn
- Hot glue, scissors
- Wrap two-foot sections of the yarn around the letters, hot gluing the ends of the yarn on the back of the letters to adhere.
- If desired, you can create poms to accent the letters. To create a pom, wrap yarn 20-30 times around three fingers.
- Gently slip it off. Take a 1’ strand of yarn and tie around the middle of the looped yarn.
- Cut the loops on the ends and trim to size so it looks like a pom. Hot glue on the letters.