This game day baked chicken will score a touchdown with your fam! This is a boneless chicken that is smothered in a cream cheese and bacon topping, and don’t forget the cheese. A cheesy baked chicken with bacon is always a hit in our home.
This game day chicken recipe is perfect to serve up for dinner as you are cheering on your favorite team for the year. Pair with all your favorite game day appetizers and eat to your hearts content.
Why Make This Game Day Chicken
- Easy To Make
- Delicious And Cheesy
- Great for Game Day Parties
- Loaded with Bacon
Ingredients and Variations
Chicken – I used boneless chicken breasts. You can use any cut of boneless chicken. You just need to make sure to adjust the cook time to ensure that the chicken fully cooks.
Bacon – Cook up and chop up bacon for this chicken dish. It is so flavorful paired with the chicken.
Cream Cheese – Talk about creaminess, the cream cheese is a total game changer.
Mayonnaise – I have not tried making this with a Miracle Whip so I can’t say if that would work as a swap or not. We used real mayonnaise.
Cheese – Grate up some cheese! In my books you can never have enough cheese.
Green Onions – These are optional but add a nice splash of flavor to the chicken.
How to Know When Chicken Is Done?
The chicken is done when it reads 165 degrees internally. You want to make sure that your chicken is fully cooked or it can make you sick.
If you enjoy bacon, try my other chicken and waffles recipe. It is a sweet and savory twist to your dinner or lunch.
How to Make Cheesy Baked Chicken
Full directions for the recipe are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a visual walk-through.
Start by preheating the oven and greasing your casserole dish. Place your chicken in the baking dish.
Then in a bowl you are going to add your cream cheese, mayo, shredded cheese, some bacon and green onions. Mix well till combined.
Spread on top of chicken and then top with remaining cheese and bacon.
Bake as directed and once the chicken is fully cooked garnish with onions and serve.
What To Serve With This Chicken
If you are looking for an easy side dish or two to go with this chicken let me share some ideas for you to consider.
Does This Recipe Double?
Yes, you can make as much or as little as you would like. Simply just double or triple the recipe if you need to fit the amount of servings you will need.
The key is to do a single layer of chicken, overlapping will cause the chicken to take a lot longer to fully cook all the way through.
Do I Have to Add Bacon?
No, you do not have to put bacon on this chicken dinner idea. Just simply leave it out if you wish. The cream cheese topping alone will be an incredible flavor for the chicken.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts thinly cut (or pounded flatter)
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices crispy bacon, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or Colby Jack), separated
- 2 slices crispy bacon, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, bacon, mayo, green onion and half of the shredded cheese together until well mixed.
- Place the chicken breast in a baking dish, spoon the cheese mixture over the chicken and evenly spread.
- Top with remaining half of the cheddar cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temperature).
- Garnish with additional bacon and green onions right before serving.
- You can either sprinkle on each chicken breast while serving or sprinkle it down the middle of the chicken in the pan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 621Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 208mgSodium: 770mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 62g