For those of you who love using Dry Shampoo, you will want to check out this super easy way to make Homemade Dry Shampoo! So simple to make and it works great! Plus you can use this recipe on light or dark hair.
What You Need:
>> Arrowroot Powder or Organic Cornstarch
>> Essential Oils
>> Cocoa Powder (optional for dark hair)
What You Do:
1. For lighter hair, mix about 1/4 cup of arrowroot powder (or organic cornstarch) with about 5 drop of your favorite smelling essential oils. (I love using lavender for my hair.)
2. For dark hair, mix about 2 tablespons of arrowroot powder (or organic cornstarch) with about 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and add in about 5 drop of your favorite smelling essential oils.
3. For both, mix togethr well with a spoon or put inside a seeled container and shake well. Store in any container.
4. To apply, you can use a makeup brush to apply the powder to the roots of your hair, or the sections that are most oily. Or you could store your powder in a mason jar with holes in the lid as it makes a great shaker when applying.
5. Let the powder sit for a few minutes to absorb all the excess oil, then comb it thorugh your hair.
6. Once all visible powder is combed through your hair, style as normal.
Dry shampoo is a great way to get you through an extra day or two without washing your hair. For all you busy moms and working women, this can be a lifesaver!
For more information on Young Living Essential Oils, check out my post on How to Buy a Young Living Starter Kit! We have some awesome FREEBIES available this month when you sign up!
If you are new to using essential oils make sure you sign up for our FREE Essential Oils eCourse! You can take this Free class to learn exactly how we use Essential Oils in our home. You can also get a FREE $20 Amazon.com Gift Card right now when you purchase an Essential Oils Starter Kit which is the BEST Deal on Young Living Essential Oils! Get all the Details on How to Buy a Young Living Essential Oils Starter Kit Here.