Looking for an alternative for your usual routine, this gentle homemade foaming face wash with essential oils is perfect for almost any skin type.
I purchased 8 ounce foaming soap containers on amazon and they work very well for this homemade beauty product. The tops lock which means I can toss them into my bag and take them with me to the gym or when traveling.
What essential oils should you use? It depends on your skin type. I’ve compiled a list of a few common oils that fit most skin types:
- Basil: ideal for sensitive skin
- Lemongrass: helps to enhance skin’s glow
- Lavender: helps to heal irritated skin
- Chamomile: inflamed or sensitive skin and rosacea
- Frankincense: helps tone and tighten skin
If you prefer not to use glycerin, you can substitute it for olive or almond oil. Both work just as well. This is such a great recipe and you can easily change the recipe to meet your skin’s needs as the seasons change.Print
Looking for an alternative for your usual routine, this gentle foaming face wash with essential oils is perfect for almost any skin type.
For an 8 ounce/1 cup size pump:
- 3/4 cup purified water
- 1 tablespoon unscented castile soap
- 1/4 teaspoon glycerin (or almond or olive oil)
- 10-15 drops of essential oil of your choice.
- Pour water into foaming soap pump.
- Add soap, glycerin and oil.
- Shake gently and use on your face in place of your usual routine.
Source : Recipe Addapted from Hello Glo
If you are new to using essential oils make sure you sign up for our FREE Essential Oils eCourse! You can take this Free class to learn exactly how we use Essential Oils in our home.
You can also get a FREE $20 Amazon.com Gift Card right now when you purchase an Essential Oils Starter Kit which is the BEST Deal on Young Living Essential Oils! Get all the Details on How to Buy a Young Living Essential Oils Starter Kit Here.