One of my favorite Freezer Meal Recipes is Homemade Lasagna! I love making this Homemade Freezer Lasagna Recipe when I have a few extra minutes and then it’s ready to go on a busy night.
I always pre-cook my meat when I find it on sale and then freeze it in individual portions that way it’s ready for any recipe when I’m ready to assemble. With Lasagna this works really well because it only takes me around 10 minutes to put all these ingredients together and this is also an easy recipe to double or triple when you’re making just one, then you have a couple for the freezer and one for dinner! I cook that way a lot when life gets busy, I make 2 batches of everything and cook one and freeze the other for a busy night.
Plus, be sure to check out our NEW Freezer Cooking Meal Plans are now available. You can buy these new plans that include the Detailed Shopping List, Full Recipes, and even Step by Step Instructional Videos.
Here’s what you’ll need before you get started:
Homemade Freezer Lasagna Recipe
12 – Barilla Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles
2 – 24 oz. Jars of Pasta Sauce
1 lb. – Ground Beef or Italian Sausage
8 oz. – Mozzarella Cheese
1 Cup – Grated Parmesan Cheese
15 oz. – Ricotta Cheese
2 – Eggs slightly beaten
1 Cup – Water
These are the ingredients for one Lasagna that fits in a 9×13 pan. You can double or triple this recipe depending on how many Lasagna’s you want to make.
To make this Lasagna all you need to do is combine the Eggs, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese and 1/2 the bag of Mozzarella in a bowl and mix well. Then combine the Sauce and 1 Cup of Water in another bowl and mix well.
In a 9×13 Pan you can Layer Sauce, Noodles, Cheese Mixture, Meat, Sauce, Noodles etc…. It’s important to start with the sauce before the noodles so that there is moisture under the noodles for baking.
Here’s the printable version of the recipe:Print
- 12 – Barilla Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles
- 2 – 24 oz. Jars of Pasta Sauce
- 1 lb. – Ground Beef or Italian Sausage
- 8 oz. – Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup – Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 15 oz. – Ricotta Cheese
- 2 – Eggs slightly beaten
- 1 Cup – Water
- In a Bowl combine the Eggs, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese and 1/2 the bag of Mozzarella and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the Sauce and 1 Cup of Water and mix well.
- In a 9×13 Pan Layer Sauce, Noodles, Cheese Mixture, Meat, Sauce, Noodles etc…. It’s important to start with the sauce before the noodles so that there is moisture under the noodles for baking.
- Top with the remaining sauce and the remaining 1/2 bag of Mozzarella Cheese
- Cover with Aluminum Foil and Freeze.
- Remove From Freezer and thaw overnight
- Bake at 375 for 50 Minutes to 1 Hour when thawed
Don’t forget to check out our popular post on 10 Freezer Meal Bags in under 30 Minutes! These are great for prepping when you know you’re going to have a busy month!
Last Updated on