Check out how to make a money pizza! This is such a fun and creative way to gift a loved one money for their birthday! Serve up a money pizza for dinner and watch the birthday guy or girl’s eyes light up with excitement when they see a pizza made from money.
You might also like to check out this Money Cake! Or whip up this no-bake birthday cheesecake.
What Size Of A Box Do You Need
The larger the pizza box, the more time you’ll spend creating this project. We used a small pizza box, so we could layer however many bills and toppings we wanted to adjust the amount of the gift accordingly, but still saved time by creating a smaller diameter pizza crust!
How to Get A Pizza Box
If you call the restaurant ahead of time to ask for a pizza box, they will most likely set one aside for you at no cost! I had to assemble it, but it was super easy to do! I used Casey’s pizza box from a gas station, but you could try Pizza Hut, Little Caesar’s, or Dominos.
It’s important to ask for a small pizza box if you’d like to give under $50, otherwise, you’ll have to use more cash to make the size of the money pizza larger. You could overlap the dollar bills and add more or fewer dollar toppings to create a small pizza out of anywhere from $30-$50 depending on your budget.
Tips For Making A Money Pizza
- Depending on the size of the box will depend on how much money you need.
- If you are worried about the money moving, you can use a little light tape to hold the pizza in place. I recommend double-sided tape. Makes it easy.
- Use any brand of the box you want, I recommend using a clean pizza box.
- You can fold up the money to showcase a standout piece on the bill. I pretended that were the toppings to the pizza.
- Use whatever money you want, you can do $5, $10, etc instead of $1 bills.
When To Gift This Money Pizza
- Wedding gift
- Baby Shower
- Birthday gift for anyone who wants just money
How to Make a Money Pizza
- New Small Pizza Box
- 35 $1 bills
- 3-5 silver dollars
- Lay the dollar bills overlapping in a circle to create the base of the pizza. I didn't tape them down at first, so I could move and adjust them as needed.
- Once they are placed where you like, use double-sided tape to tape them down like in the photo.
- Next, roll up dollar bills to create the crust. I had a deep dish pizza (lol) so our crust was about 1" thick and I created 1" rolls and taped them down bordering the edges of the pizza with double-sided tape.
- Lastly, add the toppings! We used both silver dollars and folded dollar bills.
- I folded the bill into about a 1" square, keeping the pyramid design on the bill in view. Use double-sided tape to stick on whatever toppings you like!
More Must-Know Tips
- Depending on your budget, you might want to use some five-dollar or ten-dollar bills for the toppings, as well!
- It’s important to use double-sided tape (and not glue) so you don’t damage the money. Otherwise, the gift recipient won’t be able to spend it!
- This is a unique gift which will be the star of any birthday party!!