This is a Fun Gift Idea that Kids can help you make. You can make your Own Gel Air-Fresheners. A Box of Gelatine costs around $1.47 at Walmart and it includes 4 envelopes which is enough to make 4 Different Gel Air Fresheners, so this works out to around $0.36 each.
Gel Air Freshener Recipe
Gel Air Freshener Ingredients –
- 1 Envelope of Knox Gelatine
- Food Coloring
- 1 Cup Boiling Hot Water
- 3-4 Drops of Essential Oils
How to Make Gel Air Fresheners
- Boil Water (I like to use my Tea Kettle because it’s easy) Or use your Microwave and then set aside to cool slightly
- Add Knox Gelatine to a Mason Jar
- Pour Hot (Not Boiling) Water over the Gelatine and Stir
- Add in a few drops of Food Coloring and Essential Oils
- Allow to Cool to the Touch and Pour Gelatine into an Empty Candle Holder of Small Vase
You can use just about any Glass Vase or Candle Holder. Small Votive Holders work really well and these make great gifts for Teachers or College Students who might want the scent without the flame, they are also great for desk and office areas.