This is a sponsored post for BrandCycle. I tested out Walmart’s Online Grocery Service mentioned in this post and received compensation from Walmart.
My son had the flu for over a week and I really needed groceries, but didn’t want to take all 3 of my kids to the grocery store. Walmart Grocery Pickup was my saving grace! I was able to leave my son in the car since he was still not feeling well which made my life so much easier while my groceries were brought to my car and loaded. Thank you for this awesome convenience Walmart!
How to Use Walmart Grocery Pickup
2. Choose Your Store Location
3. Register or Start Shopping
4. Reserve a Time for your Order
5. Start choosing your Items
You can search for your items you want to add to your cart in the Search Bar at the top, or you can Search by Category. I like to go through my Favorites list to start my list because once you search for something you can mark if it’s a favorite and it will be saved in your Favorites list for your next shopping trip!
Time slots are by the Hour, so choose the slot you’d like for your pickup. When I looked today at my particular store, it was 2:00 p.m. and the next time slot available was the following day between 8 am and 9 am. I would suggest ordering at least one day before you really need your groceries.
7. Add or Choose a Payment Method
Currently Walmart Grocery Pickup allows 5 Credit Card types to be used. They don’t accept Walmart Gift Cards, Paypal, Cash or EBT Cards.
8. Review Your Order
Make sure you have the correct quantity for each item you’ve chosen. I always go back over my list quickly to make sure I didn’t forget to order anything.
9. Allow Substitutions
I like to allow all substitutions because there are times when they may run out of an item you ordered even though it said they had it when you placed your order. You can always decline a substitution when you pick up because the associate will show you all your substitutions if there were any and you can say yes or no. If you decline they will credit your purchase total.
10. Add your Mobile Number for Notifications
If you want a text when your order is ready for pickup, you can add your phone number. My order has always been ready when I have showed up in my hour window.
11. Place Your Order
12. Go to your Store at your Pickup Time
Follow the signs for Pickup and check in at the Kiosk
13. Pull to your Parking Slot they assigned you at the kiosk you checked in at
Now you just wait on the associate to come out with your groceries! Stay in your warm car and drink your coffee! Or my favorite is when it’s raining and I’m sitting in my car under the awning! I always bring a book so if I have to wait, it’s more pleasurable, but the last several times I’ve picked up at my local store I have never waited more than 5 minutes!
14. Drive away! Know you’ve just made your day a lot easier!
A friend of mine does a pickup every Friday after school. She has system in place that works for her. I usually do my pickup on Monday morning after I go exercise. What would be the best day to do a pickup for yourself that works best into your schedule?
My sister and I were just talking this weekend about how we want to use our free time. She enjoys meeting friends for coffee and spending time writing when she has personal time. She doesn’t want to be shopping at the store.
Using the Walmart Grocery Pickup allows every person the opportunity for more free time to do a few of the things we really enjoy doing!
1. Prices are the same as they would be if you shopped in store. Plus, there is no cost to pickup. There is a $30 minimum order, which is not hard to meet for me with my family size.
2. I spend less money overall when I do Walmart Grocery Pickup because I don’t see things in the store that I don’t really need to buy, but end up in my cart from impulse shopping!
3. I also tend to buy less junk because my kids aren’t asking for snacks or a small toy that we really don’t need.
4. My overall time savings is great. The first time you do an online order it will take more time than your next orders just because it’s new. However, if you want to save your lists or save favorites, this speeds up your next order! Overall, you will start to see a time savings.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by BrandCycle. I received compensation for writing this post, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.