Starbucks Rewards is has changed as of 4/16/19, and you’re going to LOVE the changes! If you were a Gold Member before the changes, your points will transfer to the new program.
Here’s how what’s happening now. You will still earn 2 stars for every $1 spent, but there are various reward levels and they start out much lower! Here are the different tiered reward levels:
- Redeem 25 Stars – Add an extra shot, flavor, or soy milk to your drink for free (up to $1 off beverage price)
- Redeem 50 Stars – Get any size hot brewed coffee, hot tea, or bakery item for free
- Redeem 150 Stars – Get any handcrafted beverage, hot breakfast item or Parfait for free
- Redeem 200 Stars – Get a lunch sandwich, salad or protein box for free
- Redeem 400 Stars – Get packaged coffee or a single merchandise item for free (up to $20 value)
You will need more stars to earn free handcrafted beverages, but all in all, this is a really great change. I am super excited about this and I can’t wait to start earning some freebies!
Make sure you sign up for Starbucks Rewards because they are changing for the better!