With sun-dried tomatoes, fresh spinach, and juicy bites of chicken, this Italian Chicken Pasta is a new favorite dinner recipe that has been on our menu rotation lately! I like it because it’s easy to make and has simple ingredients, but the flavor is out of this world!
How to Make Italian Chicken Pasta
Some people call this Tuscan Chicken Pasta and others call it Italian Chicken Pasta. Either way, the ingredients are the same! These simple, fresh ingredients can all be found wherever you shop for groceries.
Ingredients for Italian Chicken Pasta
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Butter –
- Minced Garlic
- Sun-dried tomatoes, drained of oil and roughly chopped
- Italian seasoning
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Penne pasta (or any pasta you prefer)
- Baby spinach
The first thing you need to do in order to make Italian Chicken Pasta is to cut the chicken tenderloins into one inch pieces. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 6-7 minutes or until cooked through, stirring every so often. When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the skillet and set aside.
Next, add the butter to the skillet and melt over medium heat. Add the garlic, sun dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning and sauté for about three minutes.
After that, add the heavy cream, milk, Parmesan cheese, cooked penne pasta and stir. Add spinach and cook until wilted and pasta is heated, stirring occasionally. Serve this dish immediately after cooking. Store covered in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to five days.
Doesn’t that look incredibly delicious?! The flavor is out of this world! I love one-pot recipes like this because I can make a lot on the weekend, reheat it for a couple days, and it still tastes amazing! Let me know when you try this recipe!
What are the ingredients in Italian seasoning?
If you don’t have the Italian seasoning you need for this recipe, you could easily make your own! Italian seasoning is made up of dried oregano, dried basil, dried rosemary, dried thyme and dried marjoram. Some kinds of Italian seasoning also have crushed red pepper flakes or sage, but it really depends on the brand! I really prefer the traditional Italian seasoning without the addition of the spicier crushed red pepper flakes.
More Flavorful Pasta Recipes You’ll Love
- White Chicken Skillet Lasagna – This is an easy one-pot pasta recipe, too!
- Cheesy Baked Tortellini Casserole – A great make-ahead casserole recipe!
- A HUGE List of Make-Ahead Pasta Dinner Ideas – Perfect to prep for busy weeknights!
Italian Chicken Pasta
Flavored with sun-dried tomatoes and Italian spices, this Chicken Pasta tastes incredible! With plenty of chicken and spinach tossed with noodles in a creamy sauce, it's an easy and delicious dinner, for sure!
- 2 pounds chicken boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes drained, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 8 ounce penne or macaroni, precooked
- 2 cups baby spinach
- First, cut the chicken tenderloins into one inch pieces. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 6-7 minutes or until cooked through, stirring every so often. When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the butter to the pot and melt over medium heat. Add the garlic, sun dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning to the pot and sauté until aromatic.
- Add the heavy cream, milk, Parmesan cheese, cooked penne pasta and stir. Add spinach and cook until wilted and pasta is heated, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately after cooking.
Be sure to pre-cook your pasta before adding it to this recipe! Otherwise, there will not be enough liquid to properly cook the pasta noodles.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 740Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 217mgSodium: 681mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 60g