If you are on the hunt for an easy weeknight dinner give my baked tortellini casserole a try. This is a cheesy ground beef sauce tortellini pasta bake that is crazy simple to prepare.
Grab a bag of salad and some garlic bread and you have dinner ready to go at your fingertips. Affordable, quick, and easy. Plus the kids will gobble this dish right up.
This Cheesy Baked Tortellini Casserole Is…
- No Fuss Dinner Idea
- Can Use Fresh, Frozen or Dried Tortellini
- Simple Staple Ingredients
- Budget Friendly
- Kid Friendly
Ground Beef – I wanted to create a meaty sauce, which made the dish heartier. This is optional. Or you can swap it with ground turkey if you prefer.
Tortellini – So you can use fresh that you find in the refrigerator section, frozen, or even dried. I find fresh offers the best flavor and texture but use what you prefer.
Pasta Sauce – Any brand or style works. We did a four cheese sauce.
Cream Cheese – For an ultra creamy texture we mixed in cream cheese. I know it sounds a little crazy but trust me it works so well.
Cheese – Mozzarella and parmesan cheese are what I used to add the cheesy texture to the dish.
Seasonings – Garlic, pepper, and parsley for flavor.
How to Make Cheesy Tortellini Casserole
Start by cooking your ground beef until it is no longer pink. Drain off any excess grease. Cook your pasta till al dente as directed on the package of pasta you are using.
Add in the seasonings and then sauce and cook for a few minutes to help let the flavors blend together. Pour in the cream cheese and parmesan cheese and mix well.
Toss in the al dente drained tortellini and mix again. Pour into the baking dish as directed below.
Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and bake as directed below. Once done, let cool just a bit and pair with your favorite sides.
What to Serve With This Tortellini Bake
- Caesar Salad
- Garlic Bread, breadsticks, etc
- Vegetable of choice
Refrigerating – You will want to refrigerate the pasta leftovers. Just place in a sealed container and store for 2-4 days in the fridge. It will dry out a bit once it cools down and sets in the fridge.
Freezing – You can also freeze leftovers. Simply place in a larger container or single serve container. Freeze for 2-3 months. Then reheat in the oven covered or warm in the microwave till it is warmed all the way through.
Freezer Meal Steps
- Assemble the dish as you would in the recipe card below.
- Instead of baking, cover and freeze for 2-3 months.
- Place in oven frozen and leave it covered with foil. Bake until it is warmed all the way through.
- Once done, serve and enjoy!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas
- 2 12 oz containers of cheese tortellini
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 24 oz. jar of pasta sauce (we used Four Cheese style)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Boil the pasta a la dente according to the package instructions. We cooked ours for 10 minutes, but your amount of time might differ depending on the size and brand of your tortellini.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish with baking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the pepper, garlic salt, and parsley.
- Remove the excess grease from the browned beef and then stir in your tomato sauce and cream cheese
- Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce is thoroughly mixed, Add parmesan cheese and mix. Combine the cooked tortellini with the sauce mixture and then pour it all into the casserole dish; Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered in the center rack of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Switch the oven to broil and continue baking for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the cheese starts to turn golden and bubbly. Serve with garlic bread and salad, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 523Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 1117mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 29g