Lazy Lasagna is a super simple throw together meal or freezer meal to toss in the oven on nights you need a hands-off dinner. Cheese ravioli, pasta sauce, cheese and more all baked in the oven. This is a simple and easy pasta lover dinner that is kid-friendly.
I love lasagna, but we all know the prep takes time. This cheese ravioli lazy lasagna is a quick throw together dinner that provides you a similar flavor to a lasagna.
Why Make Lazy Lasagna
- Delicious Pasta Dinner Idea
- Make Ahead Option
- Freezer Friendly
- Budget Friendly
- Hands Off Cooking
Cheese Ravioli – So you can use any brand of ravioli you want. I prefer the cheese ravioli you grab in the refrigerator section. But when we can’t get that, I go right for frozen. Either method works.
Pasta Sauce – Spaghetti sauce, marinara, or even homemade pasta sauce works for this recipe. We reach for jarred to make it truly a simple throw together dinner.
Parmesan Cheese – This adds a nice flavor to your pasta, you could swap with mozzarella if needed.
Mozzarella Cheese – So I also used mozzarella cheese for the dish. It adds a nice creamy and cheesy component as well.
Pepper and Parsley – I used both of these for flavoring the pasta. Now they are optional so it is up to you if you want to add to your dish.
How to Make
Full directions for the recipe are in the printable recipe card. This is a quick walk-through with images to help those who need images to understand the assemble of the dish.
Start by adding a thin layer of sauce to the bottom of your baking dish. Then add a few of your cheesy ravioli.
Next add in some mozzarella and then add in more pasta, sauce, etc. Then at the end you can top with pepper and parsley if you would like.
Then bake in a preheated oven as directed. Once done, remove and let cool for 5 minutes. Dish up and top with parmesan cheese if you want and enjoy!
What to Serve With Lazy Lasagna
- Salad – Reach for a bagged salad to make it a simple side if you want.
- Breadsticks or Garlic Bread
- Steamed or Roasted Veggies
Meal Prep Ahead Directions
If you want to prep in advance, just assemble the casserole the same way, and then cover and refrigerate. Then bake in a preheated oven and add a few extra minutes since your lazy lasagna will be extra cold.
For freezing you can assemble and freeze for 3-4 months. I like to add a couple layers of foil on top, to ensure it does not freezer burn. Then bake frozen, covered. Then after about 30 minutes, remove the foil and then finish baking until it is fully warmed all the way through.
More Easy Dinner Ideas
- French Dip Crescent Rolls (4 ingredients!)
- Gourmet Grilled Cheese
- 9×13 Casserole Recipes
- Crock Pot Swiss Steak
- 1 24 oz. bag frozen or refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1 24 oz. jar pasta sauce
- 2 cups (heaping) shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- Pepper to taste
- Fresh Parsley, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a casserole dish. If you are using frozen already cooked ravioli, you do not have to pre-cook it.
- If you are using refrigerated ravioli that requires a few minutes of boiling before eating, boil according to package directions before creating lasagna.
- Spread 3/4 cup of pasta sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Layer about 12 ravioli in a single layer over sauce.
- Top with mozzarella. Layer more pasta sauce, ravioli, and mozzarella sauce until you have used all of the ingredients.
- I spread them out evenly over 3 layers in my casserole dish. Top with parmesan cheese, pepper, and fresh parsley, if desired
- . Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. I found this to be the perfect amount of golden on top. If yours gets too brown depending on the pan you are using and your oven, cover with foil, instead.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 1048mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 17g