We decided to try something different this year and make these fun Melted Crayon Easter Eggs!
I mean, what more could you love this time of year?! These Melted Crayon Easter Eggs are a perfect activity for children as long as they are supervised. The eggs come out a bit warm, but they allow the crayon to melt perfectly to create unique and fun designs! This could even be a fun craft and activity for your older kids and their friends to try! Call it “Abstract Easter Eggs” if you will.. :) Plus, here are even more of our favorite Easter Recipes, Crafts, and Activities!
How to make Melted Crayon Easter Eggs
Here’s what you need:
- Egg Timer (optional)
- Extra Egg Cartons
- Place your eggs into a saucepan. Add your egg timer, optional, but the best tool I have in my kitchen! I never boil eggs without it. I get perfect hard boiled eggs every time.
- Once your eggs are ready, remove from the stove and drain as much water as you can out of the pan.
- Fill the saucepan with 2 cups of ice cubes. Once the ice is melted your eggs should be ready to decorate.
- Remove your eggs from the water – and dry with a towel. Place the eggs onto empty egg cartons and begin to decorate them with the crayons. As you decorate the crayons will begin to melt and create vibrant colors.
- Cool eggs completely and refrigerate until ready to eat.
I hope you and your family have as much fun with these as mine did! If you don’t have an Egg Timer, here’s How to Boil Eggs Perfectly without one!
Also, be sure to check out this Easter Crack White Chocolate Toffee Recipe! You’ll be so glad you did! I think I may send this recipe to work with my Hubby before Easter! Mmm! It’s SO good!