Here is your new favorite summer side dish! This Mexican street corn salad is loaded with corn, green onions, red onions, sour cream, shredded cheese, and more.
A loaded corn salad that will be a must-make for all your summer cookouts, family BBQs, and weeknight dinners. Give this simple side dish recipe a try and let the crowd share how much they love it.
Easy Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Flavors of Mexican Street Corn but in a salad form
- Simple Ingredients
- Loads of Flavor
- Great Make-Ahead Salad
- Wonderful for potlucks and summer cookouts
Do I Use Fresh Corn Or Canned Corn
To simplify I used frozen corn for this salad. But, you are more than welcome to use fresh sweet corn or use canned corn. Either of the 3 types of corn will work well for this recipe.
It is all about personal preference and what you have on hand.
This easy corn street corn salad needs to be stored in the refrigerator. You can make this a day in advance of when you want to serve it up. Then just stir well and then serve it up.
The salad stores for 3-5 days, but I find it is best to be eaten within the first few days of being made.
What is Mexican Street Corn
Mexican Street Corn is one popular side dish or even snack that has taken the world by storm. This is also known as esquites. Sweet corn that is baked or grilled and then mixed with a creamy sauce, spices, and of course tangy cheese.
Alternatives to Mexican Corn Salad
- Use Greek plain yogurt or mayonnaise in replace of the sour cream in this recipe.
- Cotija cheese is a great alternative to parmesan, it adds tons of flavor.
- If you are not a fan of red onions feel free to leave them out.
- Cilantro is optional for this recipe.
- Add some extra chili powder for a nice spice.
Ways to Serve Up This Salad
- As a side dish to go along with dinner.
- Serve as a dip with tortilla chips or even corn chips.
- Use as taco topper or even top enchiladas with this salad.
Dishes to Pair With Corn Salad
- 5 cups cooked corn
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, diced (only the green part)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- juice from two limes
- Shredded parmesan cheese, extra cilantro, pepper, chili powder, and lime slices for garnish, if desired
- Combine everything in a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
- Store the Mexican street corn salad in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
You may use fresh or frozen corn. To make this extra simple especially on busy nights, I usually use frozen corn packaged in a microwave-safe steamable bag. It cooks in only 6-7 minutes while I'm preparing other parts of our family's meal.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 377mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 6g