Monster M&M Cookies are a super fun and easy Halloween cookie recipe. A non-spooky Halloween cookie that is a homemade cookie filled with chocolate chips, M&M’s and of course candy eyes for a fun Halloween feel.
If you are searching for a simple but fun Halloween dessert, these are great for parties, bake sales, or even gifting to neighbors for a fun Halloween treat. Whip these up in no time.
Why This Monster M&M Cookies Recipe Is A Hit
Homemade Cookie – Who doesn’t love a homemade cookie? This cookie recipe is buttery, sweet, and melts in your mouth. The Halloween M&M’s are bright and colorful and really make these cookies stand out.
Non-Spooky Treat – There is no real spook with this cookie. The colors and candy eyes give it the Halloween vibe without scaring little kids. That is what I enjoy about these cookies.
Make Ahead Of Time – Looking for a dessert you can make in advance? If so, here is a great cookie recipe you can make the day before you want to serve up. Or if you want you can freeze the cookies for later!
What Do Ingredients Do I Need
- Butter – I recommend using real butter not margarine. If you use salted butter omit the salt in recipe.
- Granulated Sugar and Brown Sugar – The two sugars really help add richness to the cookies! I used a light brown sugar, but you can use dark if that is what you have.
- Eggs – Use room temperature eggs for this recipe.
- Flour – All purpose flour is key for this recipe. Make sure to measure properly.
- Baking Soda
- Halloween M&M’s – If you can’t find Halloween ones you can use classic M&M’s!
- Chocolate Chips – Semi-sweet, milk, etc. Any work!
- Candy Eyes
How to Make Halloween Cookies
The first step is working on creaming your butter with your sugars, eggs, and vanilla. I used a hand mixer, this is important to really mix up the batter.
Then add in the dry ingredients a bit at a time, and then fold in the M&M’s and the chocolate chips at the end.
Use a cookie scoop and place on a prepared pan and bake as directed. Once remove add candy eyes, and let cookies cool and enjoy.
Full directions and measurements are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a quick walk through.
More Halloween Fun
Freezing Cookie Dough – Want to freeze the raw dough and bake for later? Just make the cookie dough as directed, and create your balls for baking with cookie scoop. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the freezer to flash freeze for 1-2 hours or until frozen.
Then place in the freezer in an airtight container once balls are hard. Then to bake later, preheat oven and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until cookies are done.
Freezing Cookies – Place cookies in a freezer bag or container and freeze for 3-4 months. Thaw on the counter and enjoy.
- 1 Cup. Butter
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Bag of Chocolate Chips (11.5 ounces)
- 1 Bag of Halloween M&M’s
- 1 package edible eyes
- Combine Butter, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Vanilla & Eggs in a Bowl and Mix on High with a Handheld Mixer. Combine Dry Ingredients in a Large Measuring Cup
- Slowly add in Dry Ingredients to Liquid Mixture
- Add in Chocolate Chips and M&M’s and stir well
- Roll Dough into Large 1 1/2 – 2″ Balls
- Bake on 350 for 11-14 minutes until edges turn golden.
- Remove from oven and press eyes on top. If desired, press additional M&M on top of each cookie, as well. Then, let cookies cool on Cookie Sheet for 5-7 minutes before removing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g