Microwave Peanut Brittle is such an easy way to get the homemade peanut brittle you grew up eating. Just a few ingredients, a little time, is all it takes for this traditional holiday dessert recipe. Learn how to make peanut brittle today!
We are having a “Bake-Swap” For our Church Small Group Tonight and so I pulled out an Old Peanut Brittle Recipe My Great Aunt had sent me a few years ago and decided to give it a try last night. This turned out GREAT and it was sooo easy. Much easier than the last Peanut Brittle Recipe I tried so I wanted to share it with all of you.
What Does Baking Soda Do In Peanut Brittle
The baking soda in peanut brittle gives it a really airy and bubbly texture that creates tons of air bubbles in the peanut brittle. This is what gives it that unique crunchy and chewy texture it has, when it pairs next to the butter and syrup.
What Is Peanut Brittle Made Of
- Corn Syrup
- Raw Peanuts
- Baking Soda
Why Did My Peanut Brittle Not Get Hard
The key to peanut brittle is ensuring you cook it long enough. If you don’t cook it long enough you will end up with a soft sticky mess that doesn’t harden properly. The mix has to get to the hard crack stage, or else it won’t work.
You will find the strands of sugar harden fast and break easily, instead of feeling sticky.
Want More Christmas Ideas
- 150 Stocking Stuffer Ideas | This list gives you ideas for every person in your family! Even those who are hard to buy for!
- Christmas Morning Breakfast Board | This breakfast board is loaded with all the fixing for a special Christmas morning assortment.
- Free Printable Christmas Savings Guide | Print out these free printables to stay on track of groceries, gift buying lists, and more.
- 1 Cup White Karo
- 2 Cup Raw Peanuts
- 2 Cup Sugar1 tsp. Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- Start by pouring your karo syrup, raw peanuts, sugar and salt in a 3 quart casserole dish that is microwave safe. Then cook on high for 4 minutes.
- Remove from microwave, sti well then cook for an additional 4 minutes. Then repeat, again on stirring and cooking for another 4 minutes.
- Then remove again stir well and cook on high an additional two minutes.
- Then remove and add in your butter and vanilla extract. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Pour onto a baking sheet that is lined and allow to cool for an hour. Break up and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 servings Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 22910mg Carbohydrates: 5g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 8g
How Long Will Peanut Brittle Last
Peanut brittle will last two months. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. When it is properly stored you will find it will last right up to about two months. Which is a really long time!
How Do You Break Peanut Brittle
Once your peanut brittle has hardened you will take a wooden spoon or the back of a butter knife and gently tap on the brittle. After a bit you will find it will begin to break into chunks. Then you can break into small or large pieces.
You can download the PDF Version of this Peanut Brittle Recipe if you want to print it off and try it for yourself.
Gift Peanut Brittle For The Holidays
I packaged these in Clear Celophane Bags I purchased at Hobby Lobby and I tied them with Some Red & Green Ribbon. Also I added in my Merry Christmas From The Schislers Gift Tags I ordered on Vistaprint!
You can still get the Free Address Labels Offer and use them as Gift Tags Here.
What is your Favorite Recipe Idea for the Holidays? I’m thinking we should set up some kind of Recipe Exchange. I think everyone would love to swap recipes… Any Ideas on how to do that??? lol.