Pecan Pie Sugar Cookies! An Easy Holiday Dessert for Christmas, Thanksgiving, Fall Parties and celebrations! Perfect Gift idea for co-workers or neighbors! A sugar cookie base topped with gooey pecan mixture that you would enjoy in a pecan pie. This pecan pie cookies recipe is incredible.
Pecan Pie Sugar Cookies
If you are looking for a new dessert recipe for the holidays, this Pecan Pie Sugar Cookies Recipe is for you! All of the sweet flavors of Thanksgiving and Christmas with a special twist you have got to try! Plus, here are even more Holiday Recipes you don’t want to miss!
There is nothing better than baking Holiday Cookies for friends, co-workers, and neighbors. It’s a fun (and easy) way to celebrate the season with baked goodies & treats that everyone can enjoy! It is truly something I look forward to every year.
Pecan Pie Cookies
What I love most about the holidays is trying new recipes & ideas to share with the people I love. It’s fun to experiment and get the kids involved in the baking process!
Can I Use Store Bought Sugar Cookie Dough
Yes. If you do not want to make homemade sugar cookie dough, you can opt for store-bought. It will adjust the flavor slightly but they will turn out fantastic either way. These pecan pie cookies are versatile!
These cookies are amazing because it’s everything you love about Pecan Pie – but on a SUGAR COOKIE!! YES!
Think about these like bite-sized mini pecan pies or bite-sized treats to share at parties and celebrations! These are the perfect appetizer or dessert recipe to share for almost any occasion!
Pecan Pie Topping
- 2 Cups Chopped Pecans
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ⅔ Cup of Coconut Milk (Full Fat)
- 4 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup (NOT Pancake Syrup)
- ½ Cup of Butter
- ¾ tsp. Salt
- 3 tsp. Vanilla
Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 ½ Cups Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 ½ Cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- Preheat Oven to 350 DegreesIn a large bowl cream together butter and sugar
- Add in Egg and Vanilla and beat again with a hand mixer
- Add in Flour, Baking Powder and Salt and stir gently until well mixed
- Roll into 1 ½ inch balls and place on a cookie sheet 2” apart
- Bake at 350 Degrees for around 9-10 minutes, Remove from oven and cool completely
- In a separate pan, combine Brown Sugar, Coconut Milk, Maple Syrup, Butter and Salt. Cook over medium heat until everything is melted and well mixed and mixture begins boiling.
- Reduce to low and simmer for approx. 10 Minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Cool completely before topping cookies - This is important so it doesn’t run off the cookie. It will be too thing before it cools. Spoon about 1 Tbsp. of Mixture on top of each Sugar Cookie so that it fills the cookie but doesn’t fall completely off.
How To Store Pecan Pie Cookies
Store these pecan pie cookies in the fridge for best quality. It will thicken up the pecan topping but if you prefer it warmer, you can always let it sit at room temperature for a bit before serving.
How Long Will Pecan Pie Sugar Cookies Last
You can expect them to last 4-5 days. With each day these cookies will get a bit drier. I prefer to make them and have them served up within 1-3 days.
Can You Freeze Pecan Pie Sugar Cookies
Yes. You can freeze these cookies. The key is to do a single layer so that the pecan topping doesn’t stick to the other cookies. Or if you do layers, flash freeze for 15-20 minutes then keep parchment or wax paper in between. You can freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw on the counter or in the fridge when ready to enjoy.
Craving More Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies | These are a classic in our home. Tender oatmeal cookies with tiny bits of chocolate chip throughout.
- Red Velvet Cookies | If you are a fan of red velvet, you will love these! They are light, flaky, and topped with a Hershey kiss in the center.
- Spritz Butter Cookies | A classic cookie served around the holiday season. Easy to make, delicious to enjoy. These are a tried and true recipe.
Mmmm! SO GOOD and made from scratch! Your guests will be begging you for this recipe & you will get to share the love for the Holidays!
My family LOVES these, and we hope you do too! I can’t wait to here your story and what you’re making these for!
Baking cookies for the holidays isn’t just about the recipe, it’s about the tradition & celebration of the entire season! Grab your kids and get them involved in the kitchen! Make some messes and some memories and enjoy the season together as a family! You might be surprised at the JOY that it brings to your entire house!